New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't think now is a good time to get a new phone from Globe, and I don't think the 6S and S7 Edge are the best choices from Apple and Samsung, respectively.

First, Apple is announcing the iPhone 7 mid-September, and it should be available in the Philippines by Oct-Nov. While the iPhone 7 will look the same as the iPhone 6 and 6S, it will be more responsive thanks to upgraded specs, and will also have a significantly improved camera. Apple is also rumored to drop the 16GB base model which is really insufficient for pictures, music, and apps, and willl ship the iPhone 7 with at least 32GB memory which is liveable. It will be pricier than the iPhone 6S, but of course it will also have better resale value 2 years down the line so it's okay.

For Samsung, you might want to wait for the regular availability of the Note 7. The Note 7 is an improvement over the S7 Edge because of its highly useful S-Pen. Even if you don't maximize the S-Pen, you'll appreciate that the Note 7 is easier to hold than the S7 Edge because its edge screen is curved less sharply. The best part is, Globe is selling both phones for the same price when bundled with a plan - unlike in other countries where the Note 7 is about 5k more expensive.

My personal choice is the Note 7 - I've been an iPhone user for several years now, then got myself a Note 4 last year. While the iPhone is still easier to use for basic tasks (texts, calls, Facebook), I'm disappointed that there has been nothing new with Apple for the past 2 years. The Note 7 on the other hand, offers dual-sim capabilities which is a must for me, has a bigger screen with more vivid colors, and an S-Pen that's very useful for taking down notes (I don't even bring a notebook to meetings anymore as I use my Note for that).

I'm just waiting for stocks of the Note 7 to be available at my preferred Globe store.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    madali lang ma-drain ang battery considering basic use lang ako, text, call, viber at browse ng news sa pinas.
    to conserve battery just turn off the sim you ar not using especially if that sim is the one you use mobile data.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I may get the S7 Edge primarily it's water proof/resistant.

The phone is free from Globe corporate plan; and, the phone will be returned to our company when it's replaced again.

Sadly, Note 7 is not included in the choices.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    meron ako sir, been using it for few months na. maganda nga ang screen brightness at quality rin ang pics. ideal din sa akin ang dual sim kasi nasa overseas ako, pang local number at roaming yung isa. madali lang ma-drain ang battery considering basic use lang ako, text, call, viber at browse ng news sa pinas.
    Yes battery life is a big factor.. Im using 6s plus.. Good for 1 day lang battery.. But when playing pokemon wouldnt last that long.. But the Live photo function is great! Its like using DSLR..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    samsung kadalasan problema EMMC ic ang problema.kadalasan dead boot,boot loop.charging pin..etc at sobrang mahal na LCD halos kalahati sa price ng unit mo ang halaga ng LCd kapag nasira..sobrang nipis kasi ng mga LCD ng mga samsung ngayon.tama ngang sobrang linaw at ang ganda ng mga camera .harap at likod.

iphone.walang dead boot.problema lang wag na wag kang magkaka maling mag login ng apple id na hindi activated or hindi verified.kundi maiiyak ka sa icloud removal.iphone walang dead boot.at bihira ang nagluluko ang programs..

yan ay base lang sa aking experience na CP tech.sa loob ng 16 years,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12