New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if you are going to use GLOBE, the most important thing to do is to change the default internet charge - from kilobyte (kb) browsing to time browse. just call customer service for the details.

i can't understand why Globe has its default charging scheme by the kb basis or why they even have this option in the 1st place. users can be misled by their ads not knowing that they have to register first or change the settings. the result is a very costly mistake. it stinks!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i've done it lots of times.
    your SE unit comes with the CD right? install mo yun. tapos meron dung, connect to the internet. pag connected na yun, makakabrowse ka na.

Ang tinatanong po sir, eh pano ba makaka-connect. Madali po kung pipindutin lang tapos connected na.

Kung post paid and sim mo madali po and connection kasi most of the latest cp models detect automatically the internet settings. Pag inilagay mo yung sim sa cp, no need to save the settings kasi automatic na. Ganon din sa PC suite wala ka ng ita-type na settings.

Kung pre paid naman sim mo, you have to change the internet settings just like globe sim, palitan mo ng inet settings. Sa PC suite naman you have to type the settings just like what you have typed in your cp settings.

Pag na-set mo na yan, saka mo pindutin yung connect to the internet, magko-connect na yan kahit walang load ang globe sim mo magko-connect pa rin yan, I guarantee you. To those who want to know the settings I can discusssed it in details kung sino may gusto.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jezreel View Post
    Pag na-set mo na yan, saka mo pindutin yung connect to the internet, magko-connect na yan kahit walang load ang globe sim mo magko-connect pa rin yan, I guarantee you. To those who want to know the settings I can discusssed it in details kung sino may gusto.
    Sure I'm interested, please discuss this topic further.

I have a few more questions, How will I get HSDPA access? will I need to still set it up or if i'm in an HSDPA area it will automatically detect it?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung post paid and sim mo madali po and connection kasi most of the latest cp models detect automatically the internet settings. Pag inilagay mo yung sim sa cp, no need to save the settings kasi automatic na. Ganon din sa PC suite wala ka ng ita-type na settings.
    I have a postpaid account with Globe and I still had to change the configuration of my nokia suite software before I was able to connect to the internet on my netbook PC inspite of the fact that my mobile phone can connect to the internet without problem.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    *ghosthunter

Kung di ka maka-connect automatically when using globe post paid.
    Sa PC suite at sa cp mo ito dapat ang settings:

APN : internet.globe.com.ph

When I was using a sun post paid, wala na kong iseneset sa PC suite, but when I was able to use globe prepaid nag configure ako ng settings sa PC suite.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by C#*RD View Post
    Sure I'm interested, please discuss this topic further.

I have a few more questions, How will I get HSDPA access? will I need to still set it up or if i'm in an HSDPA area it will automatically detect it?
    1. You must have a HSDPA (3.5G) capable phone(of course).
    2. If you're in a HSDPA area, you can lock the 3.5G signal when it appears on your cp screen. The advantage of this is, even if youre in an area wherein the 3.5G signal is weak , you can still have the 3.5 signal. The disadvantage is: madaling ma-low bat.

By the way, what's you phone model and brand?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    On my phone, Samsung i780 with WM6.1, HSDPA shows up as 3G+.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    1. You must have a HSDPA (3.5G) capable phone(of course).
    2. If you're in a HSDPA area, you can lock the 3.5G signal when it appears on your cp screen. The advantage of this is, even if youre in an area wherein the 3.5G signal is weak , you can still have the 3.5 signal. The disadvantage is: madaling ma-low bat.

By the way, what's you phone model and brand?
    sony ericson W595(I bought this for my gf para magamit niya for her laptop), I checked the specs and the phone supports HSDPA(3.5G).

I will try connecting using the phone this weekend.

I hope merong 3.5G dito sa taytay I will confirm that this weekend, But I read in pinoydsl.net globe/sun/smart has HSDPA in taytay.

Are we talking about the same connection speed as the one smart/globe/sun is providing the one where you purchase the USB internet device?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by C#*RD View Post
    sony ericson W595(I bought this for my gf para magamit niya for her laptop), I checked the specs and the phone supports HSDPA(3.5G).

I will try connecting using the phone this weekend.

I hope merong 3.5G dito sa taytay I will confirm that this weekend, But I read in pinoydsl.net globe/sun/smart has HSDPA in taytay.

Are we talking about the same connection speed as the one smart/globe/sun is providing the one where you purchase the USB internet device?

HSDPA speed ng cp as modem same lang yan ng HSDPA speed nila, nasa 1.8 mbps ang maximum. Pero ngayon mas latest yung offer nila nasa 2mbps, ewan ko lang kung HSDPA yun baka mas latest pa yun.

Kung di ka pa rin maka-connect please post the cellphone number of the the phone, I will send to you the settings, i-save mo na lang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet PC connectivity using your cellphone.