New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    That's a good deal! Where did you buy it? Thanks.
    Anson trinoma

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Question mga sir, kapag ba ang tv ko na samsung eh kabitan ko ng LG na home theater compatible kaya sila? Usb player will be on the samsung tv ko for sounds lang yung home theater na kunin ko..

Thinking of getting a home theater, some movie files kasi na downloaded ang hina ng volume...

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app
    Should not be a problem naman.

As with crazy_boy stated, first to do is to utilize your freebies muna. Namely, the typical home theater "package" that comes free with your TV purchase.

But if you want to step up, purchase a separate receiver and speakers na for the TV. If you're space-saving, sound bars are selling like hotcakes nowadays. There's a lot of products depending on your bduget naman. While crazy_boy suggested the SB400, sa SB100 naman ako at Php13k SRP (non-discounted).

However, the thing with sound bars is that.. kahit ano gawin mo, they're still very much limited by their physical dimensions. So if you want to future proof yourself, just get a receiver and a pair of bookshelf speakers. Truth be told, 6 1/2 inch speakers with a ported box (as with most bookshelves are) would more than appease most people and you might not even need a subwoofer.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Started lurking through PinoyDVD (may account pala ako don hehe) and sent PM to SnS for options at our max price point.

Ok sana Sanyo pero since their merger with Haier di kaya magkaproblema sa servicing in the future?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Should not be a problem naman.

As with crazy_boy stated, first to do is to utilize your freebies muna. Namely, the typical home theater "package" that comes free with your TV purchase.

But if you want to step up, purchase a separate receiver and speakers na for the TV. If you're space-saving, sound bars are selling like hotcakes nowadays. There's a lot of products depending on your bduget naman. While crazy_boy suggested the SB400, sa SB100 naman ako at Php13k SRP (non-discounted).

However, the thing with sound bars is that.. kahit ano gawin mo, they're still very much limited by their physical dimensions. So if you want to future proof yourself, just get a receiver and a pair of bookshelf speakers. Truth be told, 6 1/2 inch speakers with a ported box (as with most bookshelves are) would more than appease most people and you might not even need a subwoofer.
    jhnkvn, i auditioned the SB400. maganda talaga yung sound quality. how is it with SB100? I am contemplating on getting a receiver (HK AVR270) + 2 speakers. basically 2.0 system. is it advisable? what speakers do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Started lurking through PinoyDVD (may account pala ako don hehe) and sent PM to SnS for options at our max price point.

Ok sana Sanyo pero since their merger with Haier di kaya magkaproblema sa servicing in the future?
    john, si arthur taga SnS. my advice, after you get the price list, call them to reserve. sometimes nauubusan sila ng stocks. and if naka reserve ka then pagpunta mo wala pa, you get discount pa to make you happy

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    john, si arthur taga SnS. my advice, after you get the price list, call them to reserve. sometimes nauubusan sila ng stocks. and if naka reserve ka then pagpunta mo wala pa, you get discount pa to make you happy
    Ye. Nipost ni Sir Vic ang number ni Arthur din so di na siguro sya ganun ka surprised kung may biglang magtetext sa kanya

Sana no major diff in price before and after Christmas. Sana applicable to damit and Christmas decorations lang yon :hysterical:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    last EID dito sa qatar, i was planning to buy 55" or 60" LED TV.
    pero parang halos kakaunti lang ang dipersensya dyan sa pinas ng presyo.
    problema ko pa ng pagpapadala dyan.
    baka dyan na lang din ako bibili paguwi ko

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    jhnkvn, i auditioned the SB400. maganda talaga yung sound quality. how is it with SB100? I am contemplating on getting a receiver (HK AVR270) + 2 speakers. basically 2.0 system. is it advisable? what speakers do you suggest?
    The thing with 2.0 systems is that to get imaging correct, dapat tama positioning yun speakers mo so what you hear really is stereo (or left+right). In a 5.1 setup, this is less critical because most of what you hear comes from the center speaker -- this scenario is the same with a soundbar.

So it's quite critical to get the speakers to form a triangle with your TV in the center. When I mean, in the center... I mean it. Take example my room, I'm regretting that my stands (from turbokiller of PDVD) falls too short from my TV mount. If I can redo it, I'll ask for +3mm cguro. As my speakers are lower than my TV, my soundstage is lower than eye-level so whenever I'm watching movies from the sofa. It feels as if lahat ng sounds galing sa Samsung na logo sa gitna (that low).. to compensate, I usually just watch at the bed nalang. This flaw forces me to watch movies more on the bed rather than the sofa. Of course, for music listening it's okay naman.

As to what speakers I would suggest, sa totoo lang.. this will vary from person to person unless you "know" what you want. If you are not brand-fussy, I would recommend you get our very own Pinoy-made Anthony Audio's Omega bookshelf speakers for 16,000php (pre-discounted price). 8" midbass will go a very long way in satisfying your bass demands. The problem with Anthony Audio speakers is that their resale value sucks. But as long as you'll keep it, you should not have any problems with it.

For high-end brands, I am very loyal to Dynaudio when it comes to home audio. As evidenced by my Dynaudio Excite X12. That's just a 5.25" midbass speaker.. but it satisfies my bass demands to the point I don't need a subwoofer. And I'd say my standards are very high in anybody's book. Tonal balance is key ;)

Dusit Hotel will be playing host to the Philippines' annual November Hi-Fi show in Nov 9-10. If you're planning to get your audio gears, this is the time to do it as prices are greatly discounted during the show. I'll be attending on Nov 10 just to listen to some goodies ;)
    Last edited by jhnkvn; October 30th, 2013 at 02:36 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'lll probably just settle with JBL SB400 soundbar hehe my room is too small for a real 5.1 speaker system. I was quoted 15% off srp by a shop. Will wait for the Dusit show to check if they have further discount there. Need to buy TV rack pa. I saw Sabre. Looks good naman but kinda pricey. And i also need to buy a couch. Walang neck support yung couch ko ngayon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Malapit na mag year end best time to buy an LED Tv.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ano best bang for buck led lct tv sa size 28", 32" and 40"?

planning to use for ps3 lang hehe