New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Malabo yan. Matagal ng hindi sa HTC nagpapagawa ng devices ang XDA. Ang medyo kapareho ng Touch Pro is yung SonyEricsson Xperia X1 na gawa din ng HTC.
    Matagal na ba? Pero bakit current models ng O2 na XDA Stellar at XDA Orbit 2 na pareho lang sa HTC TyTN II at HTC Touch Cruise (respectively) eh current models din ng HTC sa website nila?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi dito na halos same month lalabas ang diamond and touch pro. sana di masyado masakit sa bulsa hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Matagal na ba? Pero bakit current models ng O2 na XDA Stellar at XDA Orbit 2 na pareho lang sa HTC TyTN II at HTC Touch Cruise (respectively) eh current models din ng HTC sa website nila?
    I'm not sure if meron pa rin mga models ang XDA na pinapagawa sa HTC, but one of the reasons why HTC came out with its own branded devices is because lumipat na ng manufacturer ang XDA.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I'm not sure if meron pa rin mga models ang XDA na pinapagawa sa HTC, but one of the reasons why HTC came out with its own branded devices is because lumipat na ng manufacturer ang XDA.
    My understanding is that HTC's models are simultaneously out on the market with its clones like the XDA's eversince. HTC comes out with a model, and if O2 decides to, uses the same device although repackaged in a different housing and rebadged as an XDA model.

And it's not only O2 doing it. Other mobile phone companies do their own rebadging of HTC models. Like last time when I bought my O2 XDA Orbit ... there were 4 other models out in the UK market, the Orange SPV M650, T-Mobile MDA Compact III, the Dopod P800 and of course the HTC P3300. But they were all one and the same. I got the Orbit only because it was a free upgrade.

One way to see is to wait until the next XDA. It's usually on the months of June and December.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    My understanding is that HTC's models are simultaneously out on the market with its clones like the XDA's eversince. HTC comes out with a model, and if O2 decides to, uses the same device although repackaged in a different housing and rebadged as an XDA model.

And it's not only O2 doing it. Other mobile phone companies do their own rebadging of HTC models. Like last time when I bought my O2 XDA Orbit ... there were 4 other models out in the UK market, the Orange SPV M650, T-Mobile MDA Compact III, the Dopod P800 and of course the HTC P3300. But they were all one and the same. I got the Orbit only because it was a free upgrade.

One way to see is to wait until the next XDA. It's usually on the months of June and December.
    Hmmm, forgot about those models already. You're right. I just checked xda-developers and there's quite a few HTC phones rebadged as XDAs. Damn, all along I thought HTC and O2 have parted ways. I knew I read it somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HTC Touch Pro