New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    alcohol will do great in cleaning. but then u have to make sure not to great static: e.g. using wool clothe. this is the reason why special liquids are used for cleaning the outsides. for the inside, normal paintbrush lang.having a dirty computer will not really destroy it will just have effects like higher heat inside the computer which most likely affect the cpu's performance. dirty fans, dirty heatsinks, more heat = slower performance. just my two cents.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jolog1
    I'ver never heard of a case where a PC broke down because of dirt and I've been building PC since 1990. I clean my PC maybe once every 2 years. Depende talaga kung gaanong kadumi yung kwarto mo. Ang dapat mo lang tingnan ay yung fan ng powersupply, cpu fan, atsaka case fan. Make sure na hindi naka-obstruct yung flow ng air. Dapat walang nakasabit na alikabok. Other than that, the less you touch (sa loob ng PC), the better. Mga wires mo sa loob kailangan nakatali lahat para good air-flow.
    In my shop, I have units go dead because of too much dirt/dust has accumulated.

Example, the power supply fan has stopped because the dirt has clogged it up. This results in less ventilation going thru the PS. Higher temperatures and a week later, the PS dies. Another example is my server starts to hang about once to twice a day. I open the casing and find out that the CPU's fan & heatsink is full of dirt thick enough to grow some grass. After brushing the dirt out, the server is stable again.

I don't think keyboard needs any cleaning. I never clean my keyboard. Sobrang nasty na talaga itong cheapo keyboard ko pero no problem pa rin. Meron akong keyboard tumagal ng 5 years without cleaning, pinalitan ko lang ng mas bagong modelo.
    I clean my keyboards whenever it strikes me... You can find hair, dandruff, dust, food crumbs, etc. stuck inside it. Best way to clean it is to pull out all the keys but you have to take care when putting them back in.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I clean my PC only when I upgrade..... which is every 6-8 months :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Natanong ko lang kasi, nung minsan sinipag ako after buying this PC 2 years ago, naisipan kong linisin. Buti na lang, video card blower sira na, heatsink ng CPU kapal ng alikabok pati power supply. Lahat ng blower pati sa hard disk at isang internal blower sa CPU nilinis ko na rin.

Nung inalis ko heatsink ng CPU, naalis din yung thermal compound, buti na lang may nabibili palang tingi nun at P10/pack about 2oz. of paste.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    di ko naman nalilinis PC ko eh. hahahah paminsan lang talaga pag sinisipag.. :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How often do you clean your PC?