New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anybody? I just got my wife an iBook yesterday. Everything's set-up i.e. software, security, etc. but for the life of me, I can't seem to configure OS/X to connect to the internet using our Smarbro account? What's that? Try calling Smarbro? Well, I did. What happened you say? Let's just say I'd probably get more clear answers from you guys compared to the person I talked to yesterday.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    in my mac osx86. I just let the DHCP control the settings. the dhcp will assign the local IP and your list of DNS.

when smartbro detects a new hardware based on the new mac address, you are ussualy redirected to the smartbro portal for the user confirmation using your account no and service refference no.

anyway, let's wait for jun aka pekto, I barely use my mac wannabee.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Anybody? I just got my wife an iBook yesterday. Everything's set-up i.e. software, security, etc. but for the life of me, I can't seem to configure OS/X to connect to the internet using our Smarbro account? What's that? Try calling Smarbro? Well, I did. What happened you say? Let's just say I'd probably get more clear answers from you guys compared to the person I talked to yesterday.

TIA!
    I hope you are, or will be using, a wireless router, for convenience.

My one and only direct encounter with Smart Bro:

Pina-install sa akin nung inaanak ko iyung wireless router na ibinigay sa kanya.

Old setup: laptop directly connected to smartbro transmitter via LAN cable.

New setup: laptop wirelessly connects to router which is directly connected to smartbro transmitter.

For the life of me, I couldn't make it work, until I recalled that Smartbro is usually setup for the computer that it is hooked up to when the smart telco people install the "system," as I was told by some friends.

So I told the router to change its MAC address, and copied the laptop's MAC address onto it.

Voila!

HTH...
    Last edited by woohoo; October 2nd, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko. DHCP lang yan. it can be automatically detected and automatically provided with an IP.

nasubukan ko na din kasi sa Linux yan, ganyan din ang logic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    usually naman DHCP na ang connection protocol ng local providers. got a mac pero i've never used smartbro so ... lets wait for people who have.

alternatively, use a wifi router para di lang 1 computer ang nakakakabit sa internet and you can move around the house without dragging any cable.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the replies, fellas. Much appreciated. I'll experiment some this tomorrow.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the replies, fellas. Much appreciated. I'll experiment some this tomorrow.

How do you configure Smarbro with Mac OS X?