New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How can i change language from italian to english? Sinubukan ko na kasi suggestion ng iba sa Regional and Language option sa Control Panel pero hindi parin mapalitan yung language?

---

Pwede ko ba install OS na XP Home Edition ko na ginamit ko sa PC para sa Laptop? Naiwan kasi sa Italy yung CD

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    kung windows vista ka sir, you can only change your language if you have windows vista ultimate, if ung OS mo is bundled nung sa laptop for sure kasama din ung installer/driver ng mga hardware mo dun which is italian.

so if mag install ka ng XP you have to source out hardware drivers which is a pain but if may tiyaga ka pwede na din, unahin mo ung sa Networking mo para makapag internet.

good luck

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    How can i change language from italian to english? Sinubukan ko na kasi suggestion ng iba sa Regional and Language option sa Control Panel pero hindi parin mapalitan yung language?

---

Pwede ko ba install OS na XP Home Edition ko na ginamit ko sa PC para sa Laptop? Naiwan kasi sa Italy yung CD

magnifico!
    imho, bro, hindi mapapalitan yan from the regional and language settings lang. medyo limited ang sakop nung settings na iyon eh.

i think you have to install an english Windows XP version.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    I think yung Regional and Language option sa Control Panel affects only the language setting of the OS and not application specific (like Nero etc. where you need to change the language in the application itself).

If your laptop comes with Vista yes it can be done but, aside from hunting down XP drivers (which is a tedious task if the tech support provides Vista drivers only), you'll need a new activation key (unless of course you go by the AntiWPA route :pirate2. If you plan to change from Vista to XP, google first for specific information on how to go about it especially on cases na similar sa model ng laptop mo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I guess you need to buy a new windows version specifically for English Language.

For Vista, that depends on what Vista edition you bought. If you have Ultimate, you can download an English multi-lingual user interface pack (MUI) from Microsoft.

If it is a Home or Business edition you can not, and you should try to have
    the retailer replace your laptop with an English speaking one. Or just try to have an upgrade to Ultimate so you can use their language pack but of course you will still have Italian keyboard though. hehe

How can i change my laptop language to english