New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    check this out, http://www.davidreedonline.com/wordp...inspiron-1420/

pwede nga xp sa inspiron 1420! one BIG problem is my dvd drive talaga. bakit kaya ayaw gumana dito eh sa ibang PC gumagana naman :confused: do i need a licenesed windows? kasi my winxp isn't licensed just bought it at 100 petot

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i was wrong guys sorry, my bad. i didnt post my error. yung file na error is the cmnicfg.xml. i did some research about it kanina and found out that this is common to laptops dowgrading from vista to xp. there are many remedies to it but the simpliest one is to rename c:\windows to other name like c:\windowsx so that during the xp installation it will not recognize that there is another existing installation in that drive. kaya lumalabas ang error na yun dahil sa wala kang permission para sa system32. found it here: http://forums.techarena.in/server-deployment/697698.htm

but what i did is this: http://www.defcon-5.com/support/index.cfm?docid=98

now i already have xp but had a temporary dual boot with vista (now im running vista) kasi i dont have internet access in xp. its normal daw said in the link i gave above (http://www.davidreedonline.com/wordp...inspiron-1420/). he gave links to the drivers naman so got to download it lang

during the installation there are still minor errors. my winxp cd came with ms word 2003 but it says there's an error in which it cannot install ms word. but not a big deal for me kasi i have ms word 2007 cd naman. so i just cancelled it. another thing, when i open the partition D:\ in my computer, it says something like sowar.vbs. i cant open it unless i use the address bar on top. mag reresearch muna ako kung pano tanggalin yun, alam ko may way para jan. that virus came from my mom's office. kakainis nga eh, kasi i install rocketdock, and anti virus in her office PC using my USB flashdisk. unknowingly, napaka dumi pala sa virus ang mga PC nila. pag gamit ko sa USB sa PC sa bahay, ayun na pumasok ang virus na may .vbs extension. noon sa desktop lang yun pero saddly pumasok din sa laptop. ewan ko kung pano nangyari pero i think dahil toh sa during installation naka kabit ang flash disk ko nakalimutan kong tanggalin kakainis! unahin ko muna mga drivers bago ko atupagin yun. ah, meron pa pala the themes aren't installed/copied correctly but not a big deal for me kasi hindi naman ganun ka ganda ang mga themes

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    eto ba yung issue na hindi nadedetect yung hdd? u have to set it to IDE emulation in the bios.
    But you won't be able to take advantage of the native command queuing and other SATA features.

Also, in the compaq cq40 (and other computers) there is no way to change the translation to native IDE.

Anyway, this is too much trouble courtesy of Windows. hahahaha.

You should've just bought an Apple Macbook aluminum. lol

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    But you won't be able to take advantage of the native command queuing and other SATA features.

Also, in the compaq cq40 (and other computers) there is no way to change the translation to native IDE.

:hysterical: you have a point :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003

your right horsepower..

its the hdd that is not being detected by them. too smart to disable the feature ey?!...

pareho pala tayo ng laptop na binili.. i have a cq40 rin. doing some testing na rin for me to be able to run the xp.

but the only thing that i havent tried to install to it is using the sp3 version. hmm.. if this fails, ill be buying a macbook nextime.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hey bro, daming SP3 sa *******. lol

The CQ40 (no OS) wasn't for me, I helped some nuns acquire computers. For some reason kasi, lagi sila nai-scam noon (maybe because they are europeans so people tend to think marami silang pera). So I told them na whenever they need anything, ako bahala na samahan sila.

I finally gave up since ang tagal na sa akin nung laptop, I just installed the best vista I can find, the Vista Black Version, it's a modded Vista Sp1. (from the *******). Ang bilis! Even with only 1Gb single stick. Try mo bro. So far, wala pa naman akong na-encounter na problem like I would sa standard Vista.

Im sure may way to install the XP sa CQ40, it's just a matter of testing the AHCI drivers. Pero kasi kailangan na sa outreach program yung mga computer kaya sabi ko pag nagka-problem na lang namin ipilit ang xp. hehe

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hehehe i'll update you once i was able to be on success...

btw.. it sucks running on the vista... the next day i upgraded the memory module to 3gb. hahaha got it only for 2k.. irate irate-an ako.. hahaha kuno! sabi ko kasi sa kabilang branch sabi sa kin 2k lang 2gb memory .. hehehe hayun binigay ampepe.. original price ng memory 2gb - 3.9k hahah

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mura nun ah. 2k. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Mura nun ah. 2k. hehe.
    oo sobrang mura.. hahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
how to boot from external (usb) dvd drive?