New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I'd like to design a custom-built PC designed to work with my big OLED screen as I watch a lot of free-streaming HD movies and sports games (NBA, tennis, UFC, etc). Unfortunately, these websites don't work with any smart TV, I have already tried with the latest LG OS, android OS, and other OS (Devant, etc) and they don't play these specific sites I use.

Has anyone built one already, so I can just replicate based on your experience?

I'm thinking of a small desktop with enough processing and memory to deliver good HD video and audio via HDMI and spdif.

Would appreciate if you can share similar gear and experience on this. Later on, I shall share here what I have built.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I use amazon fire sticks or amazon 4k boxes with Kodi (xbmc) installed. Much more compact and elegant. All the content you can shake a finger at as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I use an old Macbook Pro as my media center. Then I use my iPad as the remote. System requirements for HTPCs should be minimal. What most home theater enthusiasts spend money on is the case. It should blend well with their other gears.

If you'd like to get more help, I recommend you join PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community - Index

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post

If you'd like to get more help, I recommend you join PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community - Index

+1. pls. come and join the pdvd community

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I use amazon fire sticks or amazon 4k boxes with Kodi (xbmc) installed. Much more compact and elegant. All the content you can shake a finger at as well.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll check those. Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I use an old Macbook Pro as my media center. Then I use my iPad as the remote. System requirements for HTPCs should be minimal. What most home theater enthusiasts spend money on is the case. It should blend well with their other gears.

I looked at the PDVD forum, the Xiaomi Mix Box seems to be popular there among many other choices. Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    +1. pls. come and join the pdvd community
    Yup, am reading the threads in there now. Thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use a mini PC to play games, 4K movies and other internet stuff on a 55 inch TV.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have an Nvidia Shield TV and I am very satisfied with it. It is an in-between Android TV box and a game console rolled into one.....

Home Theater PC - Has anyone built a custom PC designed for home theater big screen/TV?