New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ayos na pala =)

The TCP/IP is the protocol used widely in the web. So its more robust and stable.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the use naman of IPX? Or what actually is IPX?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Well, you can't connect to the Internet using IPX. It's not a matter of which is better, may kani-kaniyang strengths and purpose mga yan. IPX was the native protocol of the once popular NetWare networks. A large majority of the network services that we run nowadays work over/require TCP/IP. File/print sharing can run on top of both.

So right now, the only "problem" with your setup is you have both IPX and TCP/IP installed where ideally, pwedeng TCP/IP lang. With older/slower computers, this may result in a performance hit. Pero kung wala ka namang napapansin na pagbagal, I suppose it's ok to leave it at that.

HTH.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I didn't notice a slow down naman. But it I would also like to know how to configure my network file and print sharing with TCP/IP.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I didn't notice a slow down naman. But it I would also like to know how to configure my network file and print sharing with TCP/IP.
    Ok, you have to resolve the (possible) firewall issues first. The machines should be able to ping each other and connect to each other's port 139. To test the latter, open a command prompt and enter "telnet 192.168.x.x 139". A successful connection is indicated by the command prompt window blanking out. Otherwise, you'll get an error message like "Connecting To 192.168.x.x...Could not open a connection to host on port 139 : Connect failed".

Pag ok na, you can test file sharing over TCP/IP without removing IPX. Open your network properties, then uncheck IPX on the components list. If it works with IPX disabled, ayos na yan and you can go ahead and remove IPX from the list entirely.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Ok, you have to resolve the (possible) firewall issues first. The machines should be able to ping each other and connect to each other's port 139. To test the latter, open a command prompt and enter "telnet 192.168.x.x 139". A successful connection is indicated by the command prompt window blanking out. Otherwise, you'll get an error message like "Connecting To 192.168.x.x...Could not open a connection to host on port 139 : Connect failed".

Pag ok na, you can test file sharing over TCP/IP without removing IPX. Open your network properties, then uncheck IPX on the components list. If it works with IPX disabled, ayos na yan and you can go ahead and remove IPX from the list entirely.
    yung sakin failed eh. paano i-open un? ipx na gngamit ko before, hindi ko alam kung sa os ang problem or sa router mismo. yung sa friend ko gumagana naman kahit wala ipx pero xp din.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    yung sakin failed eh. paano i-open un? ipx na gngamit ko before, hindi ko alam kung sa os ang problem or sa router mismo. yung sa friend ko gumagana naman kahit wala ipx pero xp din.
    Try mo yung troubleshooting steps posted earlier, eg. pings, firewalls, etc.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If the firewall is the issue, try to disable it muna. Then do what YODA previous ly stated. If things connect then, either get a new firewall(I use zonealarm, medyo user friendly) or configure XP firewall properly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home networking troubleshooting