New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    I'm planning to have Data Cabling in our house. I don't know how this is implemented, but i guess each room should have an outlet/provision for data cable connection, so i can just plug in my data cable and surf the internet(thru my DSL connection) anywhere in the house. The data cabling will run thru the house along with the telephone and cable tv, in a common piping, i suppose.

So how is this implemented? Is there a switch somewhere that that will receive the single signal from the telephone, cable, and data(dsl signal) and distribute it thoughout the house? Is the switch just a splitter of signal or something more sophisticated?

Any tips or best practice for making this work with minimal problems? What type of cable/jack to use, to make it future proof a bit.

I will try to help
    materials for voice, IP camera and data cabling: patch cord user side, Information outlet, faceplate, cat 5e cables, Patch panel , patch cord for cross connection, cable mangement,close cabinet, switch 10/100 (with POE for IP cam) for data and router ( if carrier provide modem/router good for you no need for router) and for voice if you need intercom ,door opener and you want to transfer your call you need PABX.
    you can use cat 5e solution or cat 6 solution for gigabit connection.
    How many outlet you going to install in your house?
    in every phone, IPcam and data connection you have to layout individual wire using cat5e. If you going to install PABX dont use jacketed wire after short period of time you can hear noise in your line.EX. FM station

for CATV connection
    staright connector, faceplate, RG6 connector, RG6 Cable,( ask your contractor for RG6 not RG58), Spliter, indoor amplifier, then Catv provider or satellite attena.
    all outlet will be installed with individual wire going to termination box were catv will placed.
    sana nakatulong or naka gulo lang lalo

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    actually, since may renovation sa house, i'll have the contractor implement this. i just don't know how good he is at implementing something like this, or if he knows how at all.

wi-fi is also nice, and most likely will use it soon, in conjunction with the wired connection. i just want to have the data cabling implemented properly, since mag-re-renovate naman.

are there individual contractors specializing in implementing structured wiring? kung hindi man kayanin ng contractor ko?
    Meron naman trained for that field. some electrical contractors they dont have xperience for this field also some arhitec di rin nila include voice and data sa design. Check the design ng electrical contractor mo sometimes all voice port in parallel connection .:peace:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    gumamit na po kayo ng Cat6 cable tutal lahat naman tayo papunta ng Gigabit LAN... A combination of Wireless N + Gigabit LAN ang magandang infrastructure mapabahay man o business

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i was trying hard not to make a comment here but it seems like your still having plenty of questions about what you want to do.
    im a low voltage technician and tht is part of my job.we do wirings for CATV,CCTV,networking,home theater,phone,burglar and fire alarms.

everything that X-wind mentioned pretty much covers everything.

where do you live?if its anywhere near chicago...ill give you a hand on how to run things and parts you need.

sorry if i dint chimed in alot earlier.its just that ive been doing this job for 10 years and its the last thing i want to talk about when i get home from work.

since your gonna wire th whole house..i suggest doing this

1 room
    1 cat5e for internet
    1cat5e or phone
    2 or 3 RG6 for TV(depending on what cable company or satellite company youll use.cable/satellite company provider that also provides TIVO and HD signal will require atleast 2 RG6)
    run all phone,networking and cables to their respective boxes(onQ box).mostly go to the ponit of entry of the outside phone lines and cable lines from the outside pole(some are underground going to your house)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto po yung ginawa ko sa bahay....

placed whole house surge protection by leviton..
    all wires from demarc go into one central location [home run or structured wiring], from there all rooms get their own 2 cat5 and 2 rg6 with the exception of our home office which has 2extra cat5 which I can use for phone or data.
    Last edited by Doc Diesel; March 22nd, 2008 at 11:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Reviving an old thread.

This is how our home data network is setup. Big family kasi. Horizontal and vertical cabling are all Cat6 Belden cables.

It's all-gigabit ports on all the switches as well. Absolutely NO WiFi repeaters or powerline adapters crap on my network. ;)

The VPN router (Buffalo with DD-WRT + OpenVPN) allows us to access US-only sites like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, etc.

The core...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Good Job on that setup

I'm just imagining gaano kadami kinain momg Cat 6 Belden? Yan ang favorite cables ko rin kaso minsan ang hirap i recommend sa ibang tao kasi tinitignan lang is price

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Good Job on that setup

I'm just imagining gaano kadami kinain momg Cat 6 Belden? Yan ang favorite cables ko rin kaso minsan ang hirap i recommend sa ibang tao kasi tinitignan lang is price
    Used up around 200+ meters. All my runs are dual-homed kasi. Bought one roll (300M) and it came in a wooden spool.

For data cables, you really get what you pay for. I've tried the China-made generic brands na "Cat-5E" kuno.. most of them aren't even stable at 100mbps, much less 1gbps.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Yung mga China made na mura na Cat 5e hindi talaga nila inaabot yung 100 meter limit....

Proven and tested talaga sa akin yang Belden... The last installation that I made lasted for 5 years and still stable... madalas na problem na sinasabi nila sa akin is napuputol lang yung lock ng RJ 45 kaya ayun tinuruan ko na lang mag crimp

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *oj88, that must cost a fortune to operate and maintain. hehe

How many watts in all, for the whole network to run?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home Data Cabling