New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Greetings Gents and I.T. experts.

Need your recommendations as to which pocket wifi device/service would be better in terms of bandwidth, reliable connectivity and value (i.e. price). Will use it when I'm traveling to places outside of Manila i.e. Subic, Batangas, Cebu.

Mga mods, please merge nalang if there's an existing thread. I tried the search function and couldn't find any.

Thanks, fellas.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have a smartphone (with 3G), you might want to try that first before buying a stand-alone pocket wifi or USB internet stick.

For iPhone and Android phones, there are apps to share (via wifi) your 3G connection (in the same way as a pocket wifi device). For Nokia and other symbian S60 based phones, you can use JoikuSpot app (free & paid versions available) to do the same.

Also, you can also connect your phone to your notebook PC using it's software to get internet connection similar to a USB internet stick.

Advantage of doing this, one less device to carry with you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi GH. I can probably try that. I have a Samsung Galaxy (entry level) smartphone which uses android 2.1 but I can't seem to find the settings to get it to share a wifi signal. Is it an app that has to be downloaded before the wifi can be activated?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not sure if its same with LG Optimus One. Go to Settings>Wireless and Network> Tethering and Portable Hotspot> USB Tethering.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    reviving this thread.

would like to get the opinion of the IT experts here in tsikot.

i saw may press release ang smart regarding LTE-A. Matagal pa ba mangyari ang LTE-A sa atin?

I am thinking of getting LTE pocket wifi sana. but not sure if i should wait for LTE-A.

Last edited by crazy_boy; September 8th, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    reviving this thread.

i saw may press release ang smart regarding LTE-A. Matagal pa ba mangyari ang LTE-A sa atin?

I am thinking of getting LTE pocket wifi sana. but not sure if i should wait for LTE-A.

5G's still a farce here in the Philippines bro.

Smart called out for 5G technology ads

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    reviving this thread.

sayang pera...LTE nga hinde pa lahat ng area eh..saka throttled na LTE speed started last week, sobrang bagal na DL ng *******..yun unlimited LTE eh hanggang 30th na lang pero last week nagsimula na sila, I was thiking dahil nag offer na rin Sun ng LTE, eh alangan naman nagtayo sun ng sariling LTE antenna, budget telco laya nakiki share na yan sa signal ng Smart. sino nga naman mag LTe sa sun kung meorn pang unlimited sa Smart...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Globe nga ang LTE sa Makati/BGC, Ortigas at certain parts of the urban QC. Bad trip.

Help: SmartBro Pocket WiFi or Globe Tattoo MyFi