Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

are you thinking what im thinking?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    [QUOTE=userfriendly;2077362]
    [My techie ex said that he can't remove my HD and connect it to his computer since Toshiba has a sort of lock that recognizes if it's not connected to a Toshiba laptop. His computer is not a Toshiba kasi.
    /QUOTE]

Is he sure about this? I highly doubt this. Just bring your old computer to any computer shop and ask them to remove the hdd and put it in a mobile enclosure. Guessing they may charge you 100 to 200 pesos labor plus the enclosure. The enclosure will have a usb connector. Attach it to your new laptop and see if you can recover your files.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I don't think so. It takes only about 3 minutes to find out if the drive can be read by another computer or not. You just slap on the SATA power cords, boot into BIOS, and voila, if the hard drive shows up, then you can proceed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    naku baka kumalat sa FB private files mo. . . . .
    I did not have him fix my laptop anymore because I have to leave it with him and I don't want him to run across my private files which BTW are not FB material. lol. And I learned that it's never a good idea to reconnect with EXs even for desperate problems.

My laptop is so embarrassing to show other persons because it's hanging on by one hinge, the lcd has black spots na, some keys are not working, faded body. Not sure if it's worth trying to run pa? or just salvage my files na lang. I hope it works again at a small cost lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pwede mo remove yan HD nyan.. tapos buy ka ng external HDD case.. madami utilities para ma access yan HD mo kahit sira na... ang problema lang kung encrypted yan HD mo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456