New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    thanks for that! Do you have any idea how much that enclosure costs? What if my hard disk is sira? Is there still a chance I can get my files? It's all in my documents and desktop lang naman.
    Just have someone remove your HD since your not a techie then have your files move to a USB stick. Basta my old PC yung mag tatangal kaya yan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Try booting on safe mode by pressing F8 after BIOS PowerOnself Test, then copy your files to external media. You may also use the restore point if it was set. If it does not work, use the recovery CD. By removing your hardisk and docking it to another PC, there is small chance of recovery if files were placed in MyDocuments on a Private mode.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may tama na yung HD mo dun sa part ng boot disk containing windows kaya di natutuloy ang boot up. happened to me once, on a very old HD. your laptop though may still be serviceable by simply replacing the HD with a new one. here's some steps you can do:

1. boot up windows from a CD, USB or external drive. then see if you can still open your HD. IF the only problem is the boot section of your HD then you may still be able to access your files by booting up windows from another boot disk (i.e., Windows boot up CD).

2. if you don't have a boot up CD or USB drive, then you can use an external HD enclosure. remove your laptop's HD, install it in the external enclosure, then access it using another computer. IF it can still be read then you're lucky.

if the HD can not be read anymore then the only other course of action is to bring it to a very specialized shop who will open your HD, remove the disk and they will then extract the data bit by bit. VERY EXPENSIVE.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    BSOD - blue screen of death? laptop ba? siguro naman di mo nabagsak yan. sundin mo rin yung mga advice ng ibang nag respond. you may also want to check these:

hard disk ba may tama? do you hear any whining, clicking, crackling sound sa hard disk when operating? if you hear one of them, it's time to back the files up. best para sa akin, remove the hard drive, put in an enclosure, use a different computer and back it up there, kung mababasa pa yung hard disk. most probably it will. then, purchase a new hard drive. pasasakitin lang ang ulo mo if you continue to use that compromised hard drive.

also check the ram / memory. you might want to have that cleaned (yung mga pins niya, gamitan mo ng white eraser. or upgrade / replace for more capacity.

pwede rin sa software. driver issues, altered DLL, registry, etc. ano gamit mong os? win7? di ko maalala kasi di ko pa naeexperience ang blue screen sa win7. sa xp / vista wala akong naaalala na similar na error (yung may shutdown notice, i might be wrong :D ). registry issue, baka cluttered na. isa rin sa sinisira ng malware / spyware at may incorrect / erroneous entry. try using hirens boot cd and have the computer diagnosed and cleaned by that utility. pwede rin kasi na may malware / spyware lurking on your computer, altering important / critical components to run erratically run yung computer. my suggestion pag nalinis, use firewall, use a strong anti-spyware / malware bukod sa anti-virus. make sure that you have to update that frequently. usually lahat na halos ng ganyang utility ay auto upgrade na

pansin ko lang... pag nag blue screen, check mo kung yung error message ay sa gitna ng screen. pag ganun, usually software issue. pag galing sa upper left of screen yung message, kadalasan hardware (RAM, board, pwede ring hard disk but not always the case). IMO and experience.

kung di naman kadalasan lumabas yung BSOD, pag maganda pa rin yung takbo, install ka ng CCleaner, superantispyware or antimalware. Upgrade yung antivirus. pwede pang masalba. pag nag ok at nawala yung BSOD, kahit papano pwede ka na makampante. pero iba pa rin yung prevention than cure. nakakahinayang minsan ang reformat kung di naback up yung files (kadalasang ginagawa sa shop) at naka setup ang desktop mo.

last resort ang reformat, kung di na talaga masalba.

good luck.
    Last edited by erj22; January 20th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    marami ang dahilan ng bluescreen pwedeng sa software application or hardware, pag software try mo uninstall mga new application na nadownload mo at ininstall. or restore ka sa date na maayos pa ang lahat, kung hardware naman pwdeng madumi lang ang memory card at need lang linisin, or kung hardisk drive naman baka sira na, malalaman mo kung sira na hardisk drive pag laging nag ha hung at biglang bumagal ang pagandar ng computer mo. try mo palitan HD mo kung ganun.
    kung di mo maopen laptop mo, try mo palitan HD mo tignan mo kung nagana sa ibang HDD. pag gumana ng maayos replace mo na yan, Toshiba laptop mo malamang toshiba din HDD mo, yan ang sira ng mga toshiba eh yung HDD nila, ganyan nangyari sa laptop ko nasira agad HDD toshiba, buti nalang may warranty.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    There is a DATA RECOVERY store at SM Centerpoint Cyberzone.

Try Googling Data Recovery PH.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Maybe it's time to replace your laptop na? ung information sa HDD mabilis lang ma retrieve maraming 3rd party sofware for it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Getting the USB enclosure that matches your hard drive is the simplest way (bale gagawin mo ng external drive ang existing HD ng laptop mo) to get your important files. Pagkakuha mo na ang files, run the disk recovery tools or disk check to that problematic drive and also defragment it as needed.

With your laptop naman, if your laptop can boot up to the BIOs portion - some can be accessed by pressing F2 key or F11 or other keys depende sa brand, then chances are, ay ok pa yung laptop BUT you need to clean the connectors ng RAM. Kalasin ang RAM and use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts of the RAM. Then put it back. And start the laptop again (by this time, sana naretrieve mo na ang files na needed mo).

When all else fail, reformat the hard drive or replace it na lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I think you have received very good advice here. You did well to ask for advice.

My recommendation based on what I have read here, and from reading between the lines;
    Get a very trusted friend who is more knowledgeable than you to help you if possible.
    Firstly, try to restart your 'puter using safe mode, or a boot-up disk that might have come with your 'puter, or you might have made just after you bought it.
    If you use "Norton"..contact them for help.

If all this fails, remove your hard drive and take it to a computer store, such as CDKing and ask them to supply a low cost external hard drive case for it.
    If you talk nice to the store clerk, he/she may even "test" your hard drive to see if the files are still readible. A very simple "while you wait" operation.
    Your files are in all probabability still readable. Don't despair.

I know what you are going through, and I feel for you! ...........been there, done that!

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    Can you access the SAFE MODE? Well if you can, you'll be able to backup your important files. Then have your hdd reformatted and see how it goes... Finally it seems a 5-6 year old lappy needs a memory upgrade. Good luck!
    I can't access safe mode anymore. I just want to back up my files. If my laptop will still work after, It'll be a bonus for me na lang.

Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Just have someone remove your HD since your not a techie then have your files move to a USB stick. Basta my old PC yung mag tatangal kaya yan.
    Yes I'm looking for someone that could help me. I won't try to disassemble the laptop kasi may history ako na hindi ko na mabalik mga binaklas ko

Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Try booting on safe mode by pressing F8 after BIOS PowerOnself Test, then copy your files to external media. You may also use the restore point if it was set. If it does not work, use the recovery CD. By removing your hardisk and docking it to another PC, there is small chance of recovery if files were placed in MyDocuments on a Private mode.
    Wow galing!!! I tried the F8 and this is the message that I got:

error.jpg

I tried the following options:

Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with Command Prompt
    Last Known Good Configuration
    Start Windows Normally

But I would still go back to the same blue screen message.

How do I use the recovery CD? I was given 2 disks when I bought my laptop:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Toshiba Satellite Product Recovery DVD ROM (Is this the recovery CD)

All my files are at My Documents and Desktop lang
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 22nd, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast