New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    happened to me once, buti naka partition HD ko and all my data was on drive D:, C: only had the OS and the programs kaya ok lang reinstall.

pero pag orig XP pwede mo restore lang without damaging the data, aayusin nya OS lang.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    you can do a repair installation. your files won't be damaged. did it a lot of times. you may, however, want to do a fresh install after backing up your files.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Tama si moe, you could try the repair option and if still doesn't work, sadly you have to reformat your PC..

This is the reason why I place my important files on the other partitioned disks so that if i need to reformat it, it wont get deleted.

It's also impt to back them up in a CD...you'll never know...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yup, repair option lang yan, no need to reformat... basta may cd ka magagamit mo yung repair option... pero hindi yung first repair option ha, ung second repair option... check this site, it will really help you a lot!!! Promise, it even has picture screenshots to guide you through http://www.informationweek.com/share...leID=189400897 Let us know if what happened sa pc mo ha!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    waaaaaaaaaah... yap my xp cd has a repair option but it is askin for the administrator password! i didn't remember i put a password. i tried several times but after 3 incorrect attempts it restarts.

guys any other options?

or anyone who knows how to retrieve the administrator password??

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hmmmm. were you the one who installed the previous copy of windows? anyways, try the 4 zero combo or 12345 or 1234 or leave it blank. if all else fails remove your harddisk, and attach it to another pc, copy/backup your files then do a clean install.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I make it a habit when installing an OS, I place my data on a different partition separate from the system files. That way, when the system goes south, I can reinstall the OS without affecting my data files.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Rule of Thumb:

Always have separate partitions for System and your data para in cases of System failures, intact pa din mga files/data mo.

If you have another PC, slave mo muna and copy all the data you need. Then saka mo reformat/reinstall para ma-resolve yung problem.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    how to slave what do you min with that? we have tried to put it on another pc, but when i try to copy the documents and settings folder " cannot copy make sure the disk is not full or write protected" (w/c is not), when i try to click the folder to open it " access denied appears...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    problem still not solved...

mga computer genius labas na kayo...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
help please black screen after win xp logo