New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Don't buy ECS Mobo hindi maasahan yan. Get Intel or Asus Mobo for Intel processor. Kung AMD processor naman MSI naman kunin mong mobo.
    di rin maasahan ang Asus, no! My former motherboard was a P4P800-E Deluxe Wireless Edition. It had the Intel 865PE chipset, fully loaded, top of the line pati yung price two years ago, top of the line din at Php 7,8xx.xx! Guess what? It conked out last week and the shop that I took it to said it was quite common for recent Asus MB like mine to conk for no reason.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no visible signs why it cocked out?... example: are the capacitors intact and not deformed?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    If you want to give AMD a try, you can try the Sempron in socket 754.

Btw, what speed is your DDR ram? DDR266? DDR333? DDR400?
    DDR266 lang bro. 256MB nga lang e. pero i'll use that na lang on my Duron.

mas ok ba S754 Sempron kesa Celeron?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    di rin maasahan ang Asus, no! My former motherboard was a P4P800-E Deluxe Wireless Edition. It had the Intel 865PE chipset, fully loaded, top of the line pati yung price two years ago, top of the line din at Php 7,8xx.xx! Guess what? It conked out last week and the shop that I took it to said it was quite common for recent Asus MB like mine to conk for no reason.

Napakamalas mo naman sa Asus dati kasi Asus mobo gamit namin sa shop nagtagal naman ng 3 years ang nasisira kasi sa asus pag nagtagal yung mga port nya pero nung nasubukan namin MSI mobo+AMD processor nag-stick na kami sa MSI matibay talaga pati video card MSI din gamit namin. Yung isang P4 ko yung MSI 865PE-Neo2 Platinum Series nilagay kong mobo so far ok na ok napakabilis talaga.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    DDR266 lang bro. 256MB nga lang e. pero i'll use that na lang on my Duron.

mas ok ba S754 Sempron kesa Celeron?

Bias ako sa tanong mo. Syempre AMD ako subok na subok ko na kasi AMD Sempron/Athlon basta MSI ang board

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Bias ako sa tanong mo. Syempre AMD ako subok na subok ko na kasi AMD Sempron/Athlon basta MSI ang board
    I agree. Kasing level ng Sempron ang Pentium 4 sa performance... Celerons are not even considered in Benchmark Tests... palaging Pentium, Semprons at Athlon ang comparison...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Best boards, Abit

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Unless you need two computers, get the socket A motherboard and you don't have to buy anything else to get it running.

Buying a new microprocessor/motherboard combo might require you to upgrade your video card, power supply, memory.

I agree that MSI is a better brand right now. A lot of the ECS boards are not lasting more than 2 years in our office computers. ASUS used to be the best brand but it is not really worth the premium price that they charge for comparable boards for other brands.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Top motherboard brands based on Taiwan business insiders are the following:

Ranked in order:
    1) Asus (includes Asrock)
    2) Foxconn
    3) ECS
    4) Gigabyte (includes Axper)
    5) MSI

Asus & Gigabyte will be merging or having a joint venture... I'm leaning on Foxconn right now... they are experts in making motherboard components and decided to have their own motherboard business also...

Foxconn also manufactures, assembles & subcontracts ALL Acer desktops.. They also make the iPod line for Apple..

Reason why Asus boards conk out is due to them tweaking/overclocking components... results are very good performance but they won't last... But they offer a 3 year warranty so check out stickers on the board and you will get some picture of your item is still under warranty.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Unless you need two computers, get the socket A motherboard and you don't have to buy anything else to get it running.

Buying a new microprocessor/motherboard combo might require you to upgrade your video card, power supply, memory.

I agree that MSI is a better brand right now. A lot of the ECS boards are not lasting more than 2 years in our office computers. ASUS used to be the best brand but it is not really worth the premium price that they charge for comparable boards for other brands.

Kung PCI-E ang board obligado syang mag-upgrade pero kung AGP magagamit pa nya yung dating video card; memory etc. yung processor at board na lang papalitan.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
HELP! Need ECS K7VTA3 Motherboard