New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    But since windows 7 is beta version pa lang. can anyone say when the final version will officially be released?
    i don't think there is an official date yet but speculators say it should be between August and September of this year if microsoft is to have something good in it's product line for the remainer of the year.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    When I installed Win 7 Beta Build 7000 on my Toshiba laptop, I didn't have to lift a finger to install drivers. Every device had its proper driver installed correctly...... Not bad.
    How's the performance between the previous OS (Vista?) to Windows7.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    When I installed Win 7 Beta Build 7000 on my Toshiba laptop, I didn't have to lift a finger to install drivers. Every device had its proper driver installed correctly...... Not bad.
    That's great. so a direct upgrade from Vista to Win 7 got no hitches whatsoever. I hope its the same for dell laptops.

If I were the TS, I wouldn't touch the Dell mini without an extra PC on standby for dowloading drivers.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Im not sure pero soldered ata sa board ng mini12 ang 1GB because I don't see any upgrade options for it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How's the performance between the previous OS (Vista?) to Windows7.
    Desktop navigation with Win 7 Beta Build 7000 is the same or even slightly quicker than with XP. There were some quirkiness with file copying from hard drive to hard drive like with Vista. But, I heard that's been fixed with the latest Win 7 Build.

I have to stick with XP Home a bit longer because Tile Proxy (for FSX) acts weird with Vista/Win 7. I'll just wait until the retail Win 7 comes out before trying again.

Add: Performance with games between Vista and Win 7 were similar. So, there's still a slight hit when moving up from XP.

Also, the speedy desktop navigation with Win 7 Beta was with all graphics options enabled.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 17th, 2009 at 11:48 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    That's great. so a direct upgrade from Vista to Win 7 got no hitches whatsoever. I hope its the same for dell laptops.

If I were the TS, I wouldn't touch the Dell mini without an extra PC on standby for dowloading drivers.
    That laptop was once more downgraded to XP Home after Win 7 Beta. Since I already have the XP drivers from last time, it didn't take too long at all. The only hold up was first booting from the WD Hard Drive utility cd and formatting the SATA hard drive before proceeding with the XP install.

It's very important to have the correct device brand and exact model beforehand. That saves a lot of heartaches later.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 18th, 2009 at 02:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help downgrade from Vista to XP with my Dell Inspiron mini 12