New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    look no further than the Sennheiser 497. i use these and they are impressive even without a headphone amp. around P3,200. search the net for reviews (ex. http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-ma...er/sennheiser/ ) and you'll see that feedback is overwhelmingly positive hehe.

other good choices for P2,000 or below: Sennheiser 212 Pro, Sennheiser 202, AKG K55, AKG K66

make sure that the headphone you get fits comfortably on your head and ears.

yugn ibang brands tulad ng Beyerdynamic at Grado... almost impossible to find here hehe (i think)
    San ba yan nabibili bossing?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bleed
    if bass is what you want, then look no further than the Beyerdynamic DT770-80. these suckers are the bass monster of headphones, but they still sound good. the midrange is kinda recessed coz it gets drowned out by the bass. it does need an amp though to sound good.
    Tinitinda rin ba yan sa mga computer shops or sa mga hifi audio shops lang?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede yan sa PC, laptop, walkman, discman hehe. di kailangan ng headphone amp. actually kahit naman yung mga top-end talaga hindi naman required yung headphone amp e, recommended lang para malubos talaga yung sound quality.

yung 497 3,200. yung ibang binanggit ko below 2,000. yung AKG mga 1,500 ata. hehe. available at malls: listening room, abenson, fifth ave., tower records, etc.

pwede mo rin i-demo yung headphones sa ibang tindahan.
    Last edited by mbt; July 18th, 2005 at 09:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I see. so yung source mo is your pc, then I'd get what mbt suggested. get the Senn 201's though instead of the 202's, they sound better ;).

HD 201

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you should see the sennheiser orpheus
    SP-DIF TOSLINK optical digital input, vacuum tube output stage, electrostatic headset (gold diaphragm). $30,000 SRP. and it's only the SECOND most expensive headphones in the world.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've been using my HD495's (4900 pa bili ko nun... several years ago.. discontinued model na ito) on my aureal vortex2 sound card (another ancient discontinued product) for many years.

the sound is very very nice and very tight. but if you'll just use it for MP3's or games, it's wasted. use it in an office environment? it's wasted. one of my favorite pastimes before was to sit in the dark at night when it's vewwy vewwy quiet and listen on those headphones. i could tell apart every tiny pluck of the guitar, in 3D space at that (helps to shut your eyes). then again i haven't heard an HD590 (6000+ at that time) or higher -- like the $30,000 sennheiser orpheus. baka dun laglag brip na ako. hahahahahahah!

believe it or not, with my HD495's i can tell the difference between a 128kbit MP3 and a 192kbit MP3. that's why my MP3 collection (mostly self-encoded) is variable-bitrate (max 320kbit). para sagad talaga yung headphones ko.

you can get these at upscale audio as well as several other shops in park square 1. i noticed tower records etc. already sell the (lower-end) sennheiser models. i haven't used the HD497 but it's the replacement for the 495, and i love the 495. although if you have the wherewithal, the HD590 or HD600 would be better because they are circumaural (around the ear) rather than supra-aural (on top of the ear) so more comfy. but then you need an amp and a quiet room to maximize the quality.

if it's just for listening to low-bitrate MP3s in an office environment using a crappy onboard sound card (the aureal vortex2 and sound blaster live etc. are 96dB dynamic range and 24bit so maximized talaga headphones mo), any old sony or philips will do just fine.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bakit yung Sennheiser ang lower frequency response niya eh 17 khz lang? Samantalang yung Sony headphones eh 5 khz. Eh di mas ma-kalabog yung Sony? Tinesting ko yung tig-P3,000+ na Sennheiser, parang kulang sa bass.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got a christmas gift last december good piece of Bang&Olufsen...good quality kahit anong mp3 player gamitin ko solve ako sa outcome

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala naman kwenta yung naka-print na frequency range sa mga karton. hehehe. kahit yung mga P100 na made in china na headphones 1 Hz to 1 billion Hz yung nakalagay :D

yung magandang bass yung tightly-focused yung tunog, hindi kalat. at rinig pero hindi overpowering na drowned out na yung higher freqs. merong low-end na sennheiser na malakas yung bass, yung 212 ata (di ko lang maalala).

pero syempre, kung alin yung nagugustuhan mong tunog, doon ka na. and make sure na comfortable suutin yung headphones kahit matagal gagamitin o kaya kahit naka-eyeglasses (kugn nagsasalamin ka)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Headphone thread [merged]