The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Crash and Burn...:vacuum:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I doubt if it's going to happen that quickly nor that completely. Blue-ray will definitely be the top choice but since it requires you to buy a new machine (if you don't yet have a blue-ray machine). Also if you don't yet own a high definition television screen, you won't really benefit from the new format.
    I agree. Dito nga sa Pinas, although humahabol na ang DVD (lalo sa pirated), lamang pa din sa orig, lalo sa local na orig, ang VCD. Just go to any orig reseller and look for orig Pinoy titles.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The question is if the consumers will bite on the new HD formats? I for one am still contented with regular DVD's.
    cost/price imo will be a decisive factor. also, to fully appreciate HD you will need hardware upgrades, which at this point is still not cheap

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The minimal size to fully enjoy FULL 1080P HD is 50". Anything lower would only be noticeable if seated uncommonly close. Because smaller sizes compress the picture enough to go unappreciated...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    upgrading to a high def screens does not come cheap, and cable TV stations will also play a factor in this, since all cable networks in the phils still broadcast in analog, unlike in the US where there's a ruling that cable networks need to convert to digital broadcast.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    unlike in the US where there's a ruling that cable networks need to convert to digital broadcast.
    Most are digital already. What's still optional is HD at least until what, 2010, 2011?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Most are digital already. What's still optional is HD at least until what, 2010, 2011?
    DTV on Feb, 2009
    Last edited by Camgen6; February 27th, 2008 at 12:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The question is if the consumers will bite on the new HD formats? I for one am still contented with regular DVD's.
    yan din ang sinabi ko noong una...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

the stats from an article i read on San Francisco Chronicle a few days ago says 30% (or something close to this number) of US households are still using antenna; and even if the government is subsidizing the cost of a new tv, most of them have doubts if they can afford a new tv set. how much is the rebate from the government again? $40?? :lol:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    plus moving into non-disk na rin ang market trend, so eventually mawawala na rin siguro ang mga disk.
    moving into a non-disk??? hmmm... so ung dvd mam dvd sir magiging usb mam usb sir?? hehehe asteeg haha... peace!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HD DVD is dead...