New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Asus PDA Phones are available at Wellcom shops. I bought my Asus P525 from them last November. Haven't tried Skype yet as I have not signed up for an account with Skype, but from what I read from other internet forums, when using Skype, the sound comes out from the rear loud speaker. Which means there's no privacy when using Skype for calling.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokong67 View Post
    P990i

I have mine for a month now, and can honestly say I didnt have any problem with my phone. F/W is R7A001

I have installed Google Earth Mobile and is working fine.
    Wifi is working too, paired it with my Siemens Gigaset bought in Switzerland, no problem! web access is almost the same speed when using 3G as a stand alone web browser.
    Quick Office is also handy....
    and most of all it still looks, and feel like a phone and not a PDA. just my opinion

Sir pakipublish naman 'yong settings ng P990 unit n'yo. Just bought my wife a unit, and tried to set up the 3G using the Smart auto setup, kaso feel ko may mali, kasi laging failed to send MMS siya, pero nakaka-receive naman ng MMS... did tried browsing the web using the builtin browser feel slow too although may 3G coverage dito sa amin... by the way the unit hs Swisscom na tatak sa harap instead of the P990.
    Pano din pala i-check 'yong F/W version? Did check the users guide, but it doesn't tell it.
    TIA.
    Last edited by 20vanda01; March 24th, 2007 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    btw, may Blackberry ba sa atin?
    yes! in fact,i'm using a blackberry pearl, which is a pda phone. it's small and looks like an ordinary phone, very slick.

the only con about using a blackberry is that if you want to avail of the blackberry service, you have to pay extra on top of your monthly plan. but, if your wife's company has a company-provided blackberry service, then no problem. in this regard, it probably wouldn't make sense to get a blackberry phone without availing of the blackberry service. for the price of the unit, you could probably a non-blackberry phone with even better connectivity features (wifi, 36, hsdpa).

btw, there is now yahoo messenger and google talk for blackberry, which your wife can install and show off to her friends while she's in starbucks it's one of the most nakaka-aliw features of the bb pearl for me.

as for non-blackberry pdas, i highly recommend the treo 650, which is what i've been using the past year or so. you can probably get the treo 680 (a minor upgrade to the 650) for a lower price than getting a brand new 650.
    Last edited by April_Ryan; May 6th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i'd recommend sana Dopod 900.. the most complete PDA's i've used.. categorized na nga as sub-notebook sa tindi ng features.. but since it's for the wifey baka hindi bumagay kasi malaki.. pero kung techie siya for sure swak yun..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    Sir pakipublish naman 'yong settings ng P990 unit n'yo. Just bought my wife a unit, and tried to set up the 3G using the Smart auto setup, kaso feel ko may mali, kasi laging failed to send MMS siya, pero nakaka-receive naman ng MMS... did tried browsing the web using the builtin browser feel slow too although may 3G coverage dito sa amin... by the way the unit hs Swisscom na tatak sa harap instead of the P990.
    Pano din pala i-check 'yong F/W version? Did check the users guide, but it doesn't tell it.
    TIA.
    press more sa main screen, then status. you should see the phone version there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Good PDA Phone, any suggestions?