New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May Push email din naman ang iPhone. Wala pang extra charges beside the 3G data charges. Madali pang i-configure.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    nako,kaya ayaw ko ng blackberry nakaka asar talagang gamitin.
    kaya nokia e72 na lang binili ko

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you have to login to www.globe.blackberry.com... you have to create your user id... and password..

after that... you login using the id / password you setup (using a desktop or laptop, not the BB unit)...

when you login, sundan mo lang...dun mo ma configure kung anong email addresses ang ipush sa BB unit mo.. hihingin yung PIN number ng BB unit mo (which you can get thru via Options - Status - PIN)...

yung tip earlier, you can switch the browser and use Hotspot browser to use the wifi.. otherwise.. if you use the Internet Browser as your browser, you'd be using GPRS/3G signal... sabagay kung naka unlimited plan ka na with Globe it doesn't matter anymore kung naka Internet Browser ka o Hotspot Browser... but when you are roaming overseas.. at least, you are aware...

also.. there are some routers that don't support IPSec VPN pass through... for BB to get access to internet through WIFI, I think you have to setup your home router to enable IPSec VPN... i think the default gateway na naka setup sa BB needs IPSec to connect to the default gateway of the BIS network, before you are allowed to get through the internet... (I tried kasi turning off GPRS/GSM/3G signal and just connect through wifi on a BB unit... although connected sya sa router, may IP address sya, I can ping the router, but I can't ping any other website... I think the default gateway is setup to use the BIS default gateway, which needs IPSec VPN protocol... if you get to hit the BIS default gateway, yun ang pinaka router mo to the Internet mismo)... on a Buffalo router, couldn't find any settings related to IPSec... so hindi talaga ako maka lusot sa internet using wifi only... on a Linksys router, inconsistent.. sometimes nakaka lusot ako.. sometimes hindi.... I still don't know why... but yung clue mo to find out if you are connected to the BIS through wifi, dapat yung wifi icon is not gray, it should be white... gray means you are connected to the router... but you still can't connect to the internet... dahil nga, you have to have a default gateway setup...

I've tried using Buffalo Router (which I think doesn't support IPSec).. Linksys, Belkin, DLink I think support IPSec... TPLink hindi ko maalala...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    problema ko pala after 1 year.. eh ang pangit na nang case nung BB ko.. tuklap tuklap na.. napapalitan kaya case nito??
    I got a Bold 2 a few weeks ago.. tyempo had a trip to Jakarta after a few days.. dun widely used ang BB... daming mga accessories... bought myself a case just like the orig.. pero may belt clip... also got a silicone material skin... as well as car charger...

daming mga accessories na BB dun... if you have friends who are flying out to that place.. maybe you can ask them to get for you...

For those with bb, lets create a BBM tsikot group. Add me: 21938fda

Bbm na!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sali ako ADD ME: 22589ebf

BB Bold 9700 user here..

Very happy with it..

added you already, xander.

btw, xander and i have created a bbm group for tsikot members.

i will create a thread inviting everyone to join the group.

i will also post the group barcode for easy scanning.

thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    you have to login to www.globe.blackberry.com...

also.. there are some routers that don't support IPSec VPN pass through... for BB to get access to internet through WIFI, I think you have to setup your home router to enable IPSec VPN... i think the default gateway na naka setup sa BB needs IPSec to connect to the default gateway of the BIS network, before you are allowed to get through the internet... (I tried kasi turning off GPRS/GSM/3G signal and just connect through wifi on a BB unit... although connected sya sa router, may IP address sya, I can ping the router, but I can't ping any other website... I think the default gateway is setup to use the BIS default gateway, which needs IPSec VPN protocol... if you get to hit the BIS default gateway, yun ang pinaka router mo to the Internet mismo)... on a Buffalo router, couldn't find any settings related to IPSec... so hindi talaga ako maka lusot sa internet using wifi only... on a Linksys router, inconsistent.. sometimes nakaka lusot ako.. sometimes hindi.... I still don't know why... but yung clue mo to find out if you are connected to the BIS through wifi, dapat yung wifi icon is not gray, it should be white... gray means you are connected to the router... but you still can't connect to the internet... dahil nga, you have to have a default gateway setup...
    just in case somebody's interested... i found out na mukhang what wasn't working (purely wifi on BB) wasn't in anyway related to the IPSec VPN Pass through thingy...

I found out that I wasn't passing along proper DNS server names sa DHCP server settings ng router ko (blank lang).... when I used the DNS server addresses as provided by the ISP in the DHCP server settings ng router (effectively passing on these DNS server addresses to the DHCP clients), naka access na ako sa outside internet...

I'm just wondering na sa BB lang ganito.. sa other devices like iPhone, laptops etc.. even in the previous setting na blank yung DNS server addresses sa DHCP server settings.. ok naman at naka access yung mga ibang devices to the internet...
    Last edited by wowiesy; August 11th, 2010 at 04:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
going locco on blackberrry