New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just to update this thread, my PC is now connected to a wireless modem (provided by Globe) and my laptop via RG45 lan cable. I cant use both at the same time as there is a switch. By tomorrow, i will make it wireless for my noteboook by purchasing a Linsksys Wireless router so I may use the notebook wherever inside my house. Also, I am now getting a speed of somewhere between 124-11000kbps but more on the 240kbps range. Not bad for a bundled modem which cost only P300 a month for ulimited connection.

Good deal I musy say.

Btw, the fixed wireless phone works perfectly for my purpose. Makati is well covered, Manila is ok and down South till Alabang is covered. Any landline can call me on my number with no extra charge. Plus, if I call a globeline anywhere in the country it is for free.
    Last edited by fireblade; July 18th, 2006 at 10:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    called up customer service to inquire if available sa san juan area, wala pa daw.

fireblade,
    when you said "Makati is well covered" you meant you were in Makati when you were making the call right? not calling someone in makati. hehe.

I asked na din coz I kinda had doubts she knew what she was saying and wala din daw service sa makati area. ???

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for sharing this. This service is real cool! Kung mayroong ng working service sa Las Pinas area, kindly share the information.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by icon
    called up customer service to inquire if available sa san juan area, wala pa daw.

fireblade,
    when you said "Makati is well covered" you meant you were in Makati when you were making the call right? not calling someone in makati. hehe.

I asked na din coz I kinda had doubts she knew what she was saying and wala din daw service sa makati area. ???

Yes, I was in Makati when I made the call and it works perfectly. Also, I had the chance to use it down North and I was chatting until Marilao and pfffft.

By the way, the wireless modem is to be pulled out as I am getting intermittent signals. The sales team assured me an effective radius of 4-6 kms from the site but the tech support group says 1.5kms is max. Oh well, I am having dsl connected instead this week. Can't have them all!!!

Initially, I was very proud of their wireless modem but I am taking it back. Also, be careful of what the sales team will tell you as they are at it to close the sale, nothing more. Globe tech support went to my house and tried a 12 feet pole on top of my 2 storey roof to extend the seemingly rubber duck antenna of the modem just to make it work. Will you allow too many coaxial and utp cables running within your house, not me Signal went very strong at this point but it is the fact that there is a pole on top of your roof that is scaring me especially with the strong winds we are experiencing now.

Now back to DSL!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade

Initially, I was very proud of their wireless modem but I am taking it back. Also, be careful of what the sales team will tell you as they are at it to close the sale, nothing more. Globe tech support went to my house and tried a 12 feet pole on top of my 2 storey roof to extend the seemingly rubber duck antenna of the modem just to make it work. Will you allow too many coaxial and utp cables running within your house, not me Signal went very strong at this point but it is the fact that there is a pole on top of your roof that is scaring me especially with the strong winds we are experiencing now.

Now back to DSL!
    Ah so parang smartbro din pala ang sistema nito. may antenna pa

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    did you have to pay for the additonal antenna?

don't have much use for a landline kasi so ayaw ko mag postpaid line. seems wala ding nag-ooffer ng prepaid line. so wireless based seems to be my only option.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Globe Speak and Surf Promo- I just availed!