New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Any globe DSL subscribers here? Is it true that they limit Bit******* speeds? Am in Pasay area. tia B)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    got my connection three weeks ago...i have already notified globe to terminate it. am not happy. i'll go back to smartbro...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Any globe DSL subscribers here? Is it true that they limit Bit******* speeds? Am in Pasay area. tia B)

Globe DSL user here...

Comments:

a. speed that you get is what you paid for. walang hidden o pandurugas.
    b. they are automatic in giving rebates if you experience downtimes
    c. support is quick. normally in 24 hours.

ang ayoko lang, pinalitan nila ng port yung SMTP namin so i cannot use my corporate/business email here at home. buti na lang marunong ako mag tweak....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    downtimes are worst than Smartbro. they don't mention about installation fee and termination fee. take note lang sa contract, kasi ang laki ng fees... equipment depends on the contractors sa area mo. some of their equipments is what cdrking sells, Encore...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am very satisfied with my Globe DSL line. I get consistent uptime and speed, as advertised. Limit to peer-to-peer download? I've heard about it, but I have not experienced it yet...

8000:borg1:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Do they limit ******* p2p or your total bandwidth on a monthly maximum?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, here is good news...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...-bandwidth-cap

[SIZE="5"]Subscribers hit Globe P2P bandwidth cap[/SIZE]
    No bandwidth cap, says telco firm
    By Alexander Villafania
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 20:05:00 05/18/2009

MANILA, Philippines--At least two hundred Globe Broadband subscribers have joined an online petition demanding the removal of an alleged bandwidth cap imposed by local telecommunications firm Globe Telecom on peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic.

The petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/globecap/petition.html), which started last week, noted that a 20-percent cap was implemented by Globe Telecom on its Globe Broadband Internet subscribers, reducing the use of non-HTTP (hypertext transfer protocol) services, namely P2P applications.

P2P is a file sharing mechanism allowing users to download and upload various files from other users’ computers.

The petition also alleged that Globe Telecom violated the principle of “network neutrality” or non-restriction of Internet content by implementing selective control mechanisms that allocate bandwidth to HTTP and non-HTTP sites.

Globe was also accused of violating privacy issues by utilizing deep packet inspection (DPI), a technology that describes system that inspects all packets passing through “checkpoints” to evaluate security compliance of data.

“It is not fair for us to pay for a certain amount of bandwidth only to be cheated out of it by mechanisms such as this. If a subscriber pays for a 1mbps [megabits per second] connection, 1mbps of connection should be made available without limits or exceptions to how that subscriber chooses to utilize it,” the petition stated.

In a statement sent to INQUIRER.net, Globe Telecoms denied that was implementing bandwidth cap, stating that there was a “network activity” last May 15, which could explain the P2P traffic jam.

“This is being corrected today and your connection experience will be back by tomorrow,” which would be on Tuesday, May 19, Globe said.

The company also stressed that it would have to evaluate its network infrastructure and “take appropriate actions” upon detection of subscribers’ bandwidth abuse that could affect its service quality.

“This measure will only be taken if there is a clear need to protect all Globe subscribers from a few abusive users,” the company added in its statement.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ok nag downloading ng globe pero ang browsing nakupo kailangan laging i rereload or refresh

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i'm a globe wireless internet subscriber and so far just average performance.

what's weird though is that:
    1) when surfing the net, you'll have a hard time downloading contents.
    2) when downloading contents, you'll have a hard time surfing the net.

it's like a one way street wherein you'll sacrifice one thing to pursue another.

what's good is that their service crew arrives quickly once you report a problem.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Globe uses Cache proxy system where your speed is just awesome when you visit sites that are already visited sites from other Globe users. new sites can be slow or fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Globe DSL feedback