Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Epox mobos are crap.

Abit boards are the best.

Your power supply is a bit overkill

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When mounting 2 vid cards, do they have to be the same card? Tama ba assumption ko, na the mobo will then treat the 2 cards as one more powerful vid card? Wala ba problem with OS yan?
    The cards should be exactly the same as A1 said. Just remember that with a 17" monitor and its relatively lower resolutions, you wouldn't really be getting much benefit from SLI.

I think having 2 HDs is a great idea.
    Yup. Have Windows on one hard drive and place the page file in the second hard drive. Seems to do wonders for Windows.

Does the dual (sa ram) mean i will be getting 2x512 = 1gb or something else? would it be better to have 1x1gb so i coud easily add another 1gb to upgrade if needed?
    If you have the same ram modules, you make use of the ram dual channel mode for a slight speed gain.

I also felt that this was the case, but I'm not really familiar with power needs of pcs. If the specs would be as is, except maybe a change in the mobo, + 1HD, +1 vid card in the future; would the 450 be enough?
    Better with overkill than not have enough and finding out the hard way you need a more powerful psu.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe i was in the same position mga 2 years back... hirap magdecide sa lahat ng suggestions

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ooops. My bad on saying the Epox EP-9NPA3 SLI is S754. It's S939. The Epox EP-9NPA SLI is S754 with SLI.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    But I have read somewhere that SLI with the same chips (ie. 6600GT SLI'd with 6600GT) from different manufacturers is also possible. IMO, for sure compatibility best to stick with one manufacturer.
    AFAIK, it's possible with Forceware 81.95 and up.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    You really can't go wrong with Epox or MSI. Overall motherboard lifespan tends to rely on sheer luck. Wonderful experience with Asus, ECS, Jetway, Biostar, MSI, and OEM mobos. Generally speaking, your primary concern with the mobo is the features and overclockability.
    so true, based on my own experience...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    i agree. Though LCDs are softer on the eyes, CRTs give you multiple resolutions and refresh rates. On top of that, repairable pa sila! Im not sure how our local techs deal with dead lcds.

Kaya lang, medyo bummer ang 19" crt. on the average, they weigh 40lbs up! hirap kargahin.

sinabi mo, i have two 21" flatscreen crts, they weigh 75 lbs each! pero sa gaming and graphic arts, they're still hard to beat, so it's a slight sacrifice. nakaka-brokeback nga lang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Bose companion 2? Speaker system para sa PC. Pero mas ok yung Bose Companion 3, with SWoofer ito.

yup..kaya lang bose companion 3 costs around 15k.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    "It maybe overkill now, but you might need the headroom just in case in the future. If you add more hard disks or optical drives or even expansion cards, you may need the higher power load. Its better to buy a powersupply that has more than adequate wattage than to buy an underpowered one now and be forced to replace it when it is no longer sufficient."

would a 450w and a 550w power supply differ greatly in power consumption if they were both supplying power to the same peripherals?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    where would be the best store to get this pc?
    rising sun lang ang napansin ko sa thread, is it ok there?
    TY

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
getting a new PC