New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my issue with this is not that the retailers have to get the stickers, of course it will be good that they will be paying the taxes. it's that WE the end users need to get the sticker when the time comes for us to trade-in our cp. imagine the hassle of getting the sticker only just because you are going to trade-in your cp for a new model. and the box, why require the box? good if you have the habit of keeping boxes in your closset for 2-3 years (yeah admit it, you guys are pack rats hehehehe!). i throw them in the garbage bin as soon as i get home!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I keep all my boxes. Besides, I don't trade in cellphones anyway, I used the old 5110 until it finally gave up a couple of years ago. I know that's not the point, but that's my whole take on the thing.

i only buy a used unit kung kumpleto, w/ matching # ng box at unit at mga gamit, if posible w/ orig. reciept...at di ako na bibili sa dealers sa mall, better kung direct from the real owner.katulad nitong w800i ko(na dito sa gadgets.ph ko nabili c/o "carfinder")

kasi pag kumpletong original box kit, sure di nakaw yun, pag unit/charger only-> un malamang nakaw.

kaya ung b-new bought kong 3210, 6630 ko na 2 years ago, pati ung 9210 kong sira, at ung nahulog ko sa parking-lot na 7250i, nasaakin pa ang mga orig box, manual at reciept...ung w800i na 2nd hand, tago ko din ang box, para pag benta ko kumpleto parin...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe the shop that buys used cellphones can offer that they'll be the one to apply for a NTC sticker.

i always keep the boxes of all my cellphones. mas malaki ang trade-in value kapag complete ang boxes and its contents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys i think the point is not necessarily to curb the theft of cellphones (the sticker doesn't have a VIN like cars have, does it?) but to ensure that the proper taxes and duties are paid by importers.

edit: nasabi na pala ni theveed hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    it's about that they crack down on cellphone tiangges. fencing is their middle name.

may n95 na nagbebenta sa ebay.ph...28,000 lang.. pero gusto gcash at ship lang, pero libre hatid kung ka-area nya, kasi taga mindanao daw siya.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Paano nga kaya implementation niyan?

Before the proliferation of mobile phones, there were 2m VHF radios. Numbering by the tens of thousands, the NTC was practically powerless to control the sale and operation of unlicensed units.

I wonder how they can cope with more than a million cellphones.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    guys i think the point is not necessarily to curb the theft of cellphones (the sticker doesn't have a VIN like cars have, does it?) but to ensure that the proper taxes and duties are paid by importers.
    another source of money that goes directly to the pockets of corrupt govet officials!!!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung may printing press, lang ako tiba-tiba ako sa pag-print ng stickers nyan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
GESTAPO: sticker needed to sell/trade-in your cell phone!