New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm seeing a lot of local offer of VPN for free Internet. Instead of paying smart or globe for mobile data, you are supposed to pay these VPN around ₱150 a month to connect to their VPN and get free Internet.

Anybody know how does this work? Di ba kahit connected ka sa VPN you are still using mobile network so kakain pa rin ng data and load ang connection mo? I smell something fishy here.

Some examples are skynet vpn, smart vpn, VPN pinas, proxylite VPN.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Simpler to just use Opera browser ... VPN is built-in ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    ok nga Opera, pasado din sya sa ip leak test.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    ok nga Opera, pasado din sya sa ip leak test.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Simpler to just use Opera browser ... VPN is built-in ...
    I'm not actually talking about "free VPN". I'm asking about "free Internet VPN".

The VPN I mentioned above can somehow bypass the telcos per GB charging. Meaning kahit wala ka load you can still use their network to browse the Internet. Somehow nakakalusot ang mga connection nila without the telcos knowing it. It seems it involves some sort of hacking.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Tama ba, you login to VPN network? So technically, only the bandwidth utilization of your VPN connection can be monitored by telco. I think the greater concern is should you trust that network?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The way you described it, that service is illegal. If you get caught, your IMEI get blacklisted and you won't be able to use the phone again on that telco or even anywhere else.

That's aside from possible blocking of your account (if post-paid) or litigation, at worst.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I'm not actually talking about "free VPN". I'm asking about "free Internet VPN".

The VPN I mentioned above can somehow bypass the telcos per GB charging. Meaning kahit wala ka load you can still use their network to browse the Internet. Somehow nakakalusot ang mga connection nila without the telcos knowing it. It seems it involves some sort of hacking.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sometimes it's funny how some people can afford high end smartphones and can't afford decent data plan ...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You people calm down, I'm not thinking of getting this service. I already have a legit expressVPN. I just want to learn how this works. Why is this service getting through telco without them noticing it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sometimes it's funny how some people can afford high end smartphones and can't afford decent data plan ...
    A good smartphone costs 15k.

A good data plan costs more than that, annually.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Did I ever said I want to get this service? I'm asking here to learn how this works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast