New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    DVD-R is more compatible with DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs. a difference of 93% to 89%
    Yup, I experimented with the 2 this afternoon. I burned 2 movies using both a DVD-R and a DVD+R for each. Both DVD-Rs were read by my generic DVD player (Orange brand) while only 1 of the DVD+Rs was recognized.

Now for the software. What DVD burning software do you guys use? I'm currently using Roxio but I don't find it user-friendly and I'm having problems burning some of the movies I downloaded from the net via *******. The movies are in avi format and play perfectly as such but when I burn them into DVDs, some lose their sound. Out of the 5 movies that I downloaded recently, 2 have no sound when I burned them into DVDs. :confused:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    bOth are the same but mas maraming dvd players na compatible with the dvd-r. especially the older generation and the branded ones. but the new players now even the branded ones are compatible with both medias. so safe ka sa dalawa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Yup, I experimented with the 2 this afternoon. I burned 2 movies using both a DVD-R and a DVD+R for each. Both DVD-Rs were read by my generic DVD player (Orange brand) while only 1 of the DVD+Rs was recognized.

Now for the software. What DVD burning software do you guys use? I'm currently using Roxio but I don't find it user-friendly and I'm having problems burning some of the movies I downloaded from the net via *******. The movies are in avi format and play perfectly as such but when I burn them into DVDs, some lose their sound. Out of the 5 movies that I downloaded recently, 2 have no sound when I burned them into DVDs. :confused:
    I use Nero.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 For Nero. Im using version 8. I find it very user-friendly. Just drag and drop the files that need to be copied over to the DVD or CD, then click Burn to start.

I'm thinking of whether its cheaper to use double-sided DVD-R vs single-sided ones. Anybody here tried burning double-sided DVDs? Any problems reading it from your DVD player?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post
    +1 For Nero. Im using version 8. I find it very user-friendly. Just drag and drop the files that need to be copied over to the DVD or CD, then click Burn to start.

I'm thinking of whether its cheaper to use double-sided DVD-R vs single-sided ones. Anybody here tried burning double-sided DVDs? Any problems reading it from your DVD player?
    Ako naka-try na. No problem playing them back on our relatively new, China-made cheapo player -- then again I think the thing can play anything. It takes longer to burn though mas madaming puwedeng i-write. Sabi nung driver namin mas madali daw masira but I haven't had evidence of this.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i use Toast Titanium (from Roxio) for burning CDs/DVDs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With XP Home/Pro:
    For making dvd movies with menus, I use Ulead Video Studio 10 Plus. I've been using UVS since version 3 back in the late 90's. I like UVS10+ because of its wide format support and ability to use rw discs for making dvd movies, not to mention it's very easy to use with a wide set of editing/effects tools.

I also have Ulead DVD MovieFactory which is strictly a dvd movie app with none of UVS10+'s editing functions.

For data dvd support, I use the free Deep Burner Pro. It burns data in the same way the old Roxio Easy CD Burner did. I also use CD Burner XP which is also free.

With Vista
    For data dvd, I'm satisfied with Vista's (Home Premium) built-in drag and drop to dvd r/rw support. My Toshiba laptop came with Toshiba Disc Creator which does audio, data, disc backup, disc to iso, and iso to disc with support for cd, dvd, and HD DVD* discs.

For dvd movies, I haven't tried Vista Home Premium's DVD Maker yet. Plus, my Toshiba laptop came with Ulead's DVD MovieFactory 5 which also has support for cd, dvd, and HD DVD.

For the Mac, I use the iLife apps, of course.

*Although HD DVD is as good as dead for commercial movies, it's perfectly fine with me for making backup/data discs..... It's also kind of strange because I don't think my laptop has an HD DVD drive......

To complete the setup, I still have my LiteOn DVD recorder for vcr functions and those times when I'm too lazy or it's just not worth it to edit on the pc-----> Like recording American Idol episodes for the wife. After she's done, erase the dvdrw and reuse all over again.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 1st, 2008 at 01:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DVD-R or DVD+R?