New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Lexing, sa Quiapo lang daw nanggaling. Less than Php2k.

Pero may-FR yung kapatid ko, madami na din daw nito sa St. Francis Square. Mas maganda na porma and mas madami na ata games. Mga Php2k pa din daw.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Thanks, kasi medyo lumalaki na din ang price gap ng Nextbase at Xenon.

Added bonus din pala iyang USB slot. Baka pwede din ako mag-play ng music files?
    Yes you can. My AVL ADP 2700XM has mp3 support. The usb is specifically for hooking up portable mp3 players.

Plus although the manual doesn't mention it, it also plays raw mpeg1/mpeg2 video and wma sound files. When I tried playing some wmv files, it played only the audio.

You do want to use faster flash drives (connected via usb) because the older, slower ones causes the video/audio to go out of sync.

Although my AVL has an SD card slot, I have no SD cards at the moment. But as soon as I can find some 4GB ones, I'll try it out.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Otep suggest ko lang buy a player kahit anong brand basta may VGA port. Masarap manuod ng DVD sa projector basta hindi RGB o yung Yellow port ang ilagay... the best ang VGA port!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Xenon merong VGA port. Naisip ko din iyang LCD. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    doc, na test mo na bang mag play ng divx/xvid files? or reading from dvdrs?
    plano ko din kasi bumili ng xenon..

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir otep i saw the unit that u bought s sm...napansin mo ba na ang nkalagay sa face ng unit e "dts digital out" pero sa box niya "dts surround" ang nka print... alin kaya 22o? sbi opismate q mas ok pag "dts surround".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    doc, na test mo na bang mag play ng divx/xvid files? or reading from dvdrs?
    plano ko din kasi bumili ng xenon..
    Wala yata ako bala ng DIVX dito (paano ko ba malalaman iyon?). Pero yung DVDR's binasa niya.

napansin mo ba na ang nkalagay sa face ng unit e "dts digital out" pero sa box niya "dts surround" ang nka print... alin kaya 22o?
    Naku, hindi ko lang po sure kung ano pinagkaiba nila. Sana mabigyang linaw din ako ng mga Tsikoteers.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [quote=OTEP;718761]Wala yata ako bala ng DIVX dito (paano ko ba malalaman iyon?). Pero yung DVDR's binasa niya.
    quote]

Just burn a data dvd+/-r/rw with divx movie files in it on your pc. On mine, I just drag and drop with Vista RC1.

A 4.7GB platter should be able to hold 5-7 full-length Divx movies.

My Divx files use the avi container. Hence on screen:
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 16th, 2006 at 07:16 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    [QUOTE=Jun aka Pekto;718764]
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Wala yata ako bala ng DIVX dito (paano ko ba malalaman iyon?). Pero yung DVDR's binasa niya.
    quote]

Just burn a data dvd+/-r/rw with divx movie files in it on your pc. On mine, I just drag and drop with Vista RC1.

A 4.7GB platter should be able to hold 5-7 full-length Divx movies.

My Divx files use the avi container. Hence on screen:
    Depends on the size of the file. For example, the Pirates of the Carribean I got already took up 2.8 GB (4 Files, 700 Mb/file).

It is possible to accomodate more movies but at the expense of quality due to the lower bit-rate.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [quote=number001;718784]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

Depends on the size of the file. For example, the Pirates of the Carribean I got already took up 2.8 GB (4 Files, 700 Mb/file).

It is possible to accomodate more movies but at the expense of quality due to the lower bit-rate.
    On a regular 20" crt tv, they look quite good and often hard to tell from the dvd original until the movie hits a black area where I might see a few pixels. I normally render the Divx movies at a res of 512 x 384 for the full-screen ones. On tv, the quality is about as good as a brand new VHS movie and much less pixelated than a vcd/svcd. I'd say it's on par with the movies from DirectTV.

The pixelization showing here would be hard to see on a regular tv......

The ghosting is due to to camera movement on my part. Overall image quality on tv is much better than the tv screencap.

My ultimate goal is to stuff these movies into a portable media center with Divx capability. So, 512 x 384 is a good balance between watching on a tiny screen and a regular tv. File sizes average around 720mb per movie.

Add: Pirates 1 on mine is about 719mb. I used AutoGK to make the Divx files and set the file size to 1 CD.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 16th, 2006 at 10:16 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
DVD players that play everything