New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I see Hisense being mentioned. We have a 2014 32" Hisense 720p TV. The image quality was really good and the price was cheap (less than $100). But, someone set the backlit light to 100% and it burned out earlier this year. Firmware updates are also somewhat slow. I'll get the backlight replaced and use it as an external monitor for my laptop. But, not right now.

We ended up replacing it with a 48" Sony Bravia.
    ha!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Okay din ba Hisense na brand?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    Meron akong 32" Hisense na smart tv. Nabili ko noong 2016 at 10k. Hanggang ngayon okay pa naman, mabagal nga lang pero sulit naman. Yung mga bagong model siguro ngayon mabilis na yung OS.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My Dad is asking me to get him a 55" TV. Don't want to go Samsung anymore as our 3D LED conked out after a few years. Am thinking Sony or Panasonic. Our LCD Bravias are still alive but am not sure if their LEDs are as durable. Anyone with experience with the 2 brands LEDs?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    When I visited the States a couple of months ago, the brand that's getting popular there is TCL which my cousin has. maganda yung picture quality niya. I see it being sold here as well and is cheaper than Samsung. I heard and read that it's pretty durable too.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Currently using a 55 inch smart TV from hisense. Ayus naman. I like it better than the samsung smart tv we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Okay din ba Hisense na brand?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ha!
    Well, it was okay until someone increased the backlight level. If I shine a flashlight on the screen, I can see a dark image. Plus, there is sound. So, it's definitely the backlight.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Well, it was okay until someone increased the backlight level. If I shine a flashlight on the screen, I can see a dark image. Plus, there is sound. So, it's definitely the backlight.
    Backlight should ideally be 0? Mine is set to maximum, good thing I read this.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the "ha" was applause for the bravia.
    i still believe these old crts still provide better image than the new solid-state ones.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 31st, 2018 at 11:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the "ha" was applause for the bravia.
    i still believe these old crts still provide better image than the new solid-state ones.
    Any CRT TV is likely to outlast an LCD or later flat-screen TV. I used to own a 27" RCA TV I bought back in 1996. I gave it to a friend in 2004 when I replaced it with our first LCD TV. The latter died in 2010 while the RCA TV is still working now in 2018.

Oh. The Sony Bravia we bought is a 48" 1080p LCD.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 1st, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
    Backlight should ideally be 0? Mine is set to maximum, good thing I read this.
    I don't think it should matter. I have a 2010 Dynex 24" 1080p TV that I use as my PC monitor. The backlight has always been at 100% since Day 1. It's 8 years old and still works great. That's why I was surprised when the backlight of the Hisense went dead. But, yep. I too am more careful with the backlight of our other TVs.