Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by papao
    how much ba ang additional receiver?ayaw sabihin ng kausap ng mom ko e..tnx
    sir pao..sorry wla ako idea presyo diyan kasi naka home cable kami

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    if you want to know the terms andpricing of dream ,just log in to their website its all there.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    read somewhere satellites are not suitable for broadband internet coz they can only transmit/send data to u and cannot receive back data..so u'll have broadband download speeds but u'll need to upload thru phone lines. hassle daw.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papao
    how much ba ang additional receiver?ayaw sabihin ng kausap ng mom ko e..tnx

free na ang receiver so long you pay 9000. thats 750 per month, ito na yata ang kanilang premium package...

benta mo na lang sa aking yong dish, malapit na bumigay yong nasa province namin, lapit kasi sa dagat. paki pm na lang

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think I've heard about this way back pa....

But question is, may confirmed na ba na launch date and bibilhin ba ng PLDT/Echostar Communications ang Dream Satellite TV?????

Also, I want to ask if it would better to switch from Sky Cable to PLDT's DTH TV service.

I heard that Sky/Home Cable would start releasing set-top boxes kasi by early next year, their signal will be "DIGITALLY ENCRYPTED".

According to them, the first set-top box is FREE. Pero if you have other TVs, you have to purchase set-top boxes for each of those TVs that you want to connect. And that's P2,500-P3,000 per box.

Or should we wait nalang for January 2006 at saka diyan lang tayo magde-decide on which one is the better Digital TV service provider???

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Isnt pldt and dream owned by the same family???

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    same shareholder ata....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docpete
    Isnt pldt and dream owned by the same family???
    Dream is controlled by Tonyboy Cojuangco. He used to control PLDT but not anymore. Si Manny Pangilinan na.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Tama si BlueBimmer, maganda lang mag-browse at download thru satellite tv coz of it's broadband feature, uploading has to be via phone line. Also it's added cost to subscribe to it, usually di kasama yan sa tv subscription. Another thing, kung digitally encrypted ang signal, bale-wala ang splitter. You have to have one decoder per TV, you can attach up to six LNBs sa dish depende sa capacity ng dish to receive signals from different satellite locations, pwede rin namang one location lang if you have multiple TVs. Decoder is for digitally encrypted signal while receiver is for analog signal.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    well, i have been reading in the papers how PLDT might be interested in Bayantel in exchange for its shares in some cable TV outfit (i'm sure the deal will involve other things), thus giving SKYCable/Lopez a stranglehold on the conventional cable market and PLDT a stanglehold on the landline telephone market. it also might pave the way for PLDTs shift to satellite TV/internet/data because from experience, PLDT knows that wireless/digital is the wave of the future and has been great for their company (SMART is their HUGE milking cow diba)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Dream Satellite vs PLDT Satellite (coming soon)