New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Does your home have at least one flat screen TV (plasma, LCD) ??

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

45 62.50%
  • No.

9 12.50%
  • Still thinking to buy one.

18 25.00%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... that. Weird, does LCD actually remove that? I get the flicker on my cellphone camera, too... isn't it actually a case of unsychronized frame-rates?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah... that. Weird, does LCD actually remove that? I get the flicker on my cellphone camera, too... isn't it actually a case of unsychronized frame-rates?
    the banding with the camera, yes. The flicker is simply caused by the refresh rate of the CRT screen.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    You guys with Sony Bravias make me sick.
    FWIW, our 40" Bravia cost us £2.7k (abt >$5k or ~Php270k then IIRC). A year later it was down to £1.7k ... another 6 months later some shops were still selling the model for, wait - £1k. Anyway, it's been put to full use from day 1 and IMO we got our money's worth.

And somehow I've got this urge to post a video of the flicker-free CRT TV:

BTW, it was tuned to the Sky News (BSB) sat service, the first interactive news service. That odd noise was my wife's subtle command for me to join her for brunch.
    Last edited by StraightSix; September 27th, 2007 at 06:52 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes......Sony Bravia LCD (HDTV “40)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    A miniscule Philips 26" HD LCD in our bedroom. In the near future 48" or bigger na Sony Bravia o Samsung HD LCD to replace our ageing Sony projection TV sa Living room. Medyo bagsakan na ang presyo dahil sa mga cheaper Taiwanese/Chinese brands.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yup, my dad surprised my mom with a 32" Bravia a few weeks ago (she wants a new 21" crt TV). I was also surprised because i told them i'm getting a 40"+ Bravia. Oh well, an additional new home theater na lang siguro. Harman Kardon 7.1 + Acoustic Energy AElite ensemble

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What's CRT flicker? I've never noticed anything wrong with my CRTs.
    Ahhhh!! that must be the reason why i hate watching TV

Kasi my PC monitor is a Sony 21" FD Trinitron (160Hz ultra flicker free) with 11,000 Kelvin color temp, 1920x1440 max res.

Kitang kita ko sa tv yung refresh intervals nya (because 99.99% of CRT TVs, like ordinary 15" computer monitors, have a max refresh rate of 50-60Hz. Since sanay ako sa 100Hz refresh rate (which is impossible to see by the eyes hence no eye strain), I see the difference in an instant.

Good thing there's the Bravia now, i can sit and watch movies with my family kahit 5 movies pa in a row. hehe.

Dami ko kasing DIVX movies hence i'm also getting a DVICO T4100SH para may network storage na rin.

Benta ko na rin itong monitor ko, i'm doing injustice to it since it's meant for professionals and ginagamit ko lang sya for games, office and internet. I'll get a 22" LG Widescreen monitor instead. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    im also planning on buying one. but someone recently told me that yung power consumption daw ng lcd screen is equal to that of the microwave oven. any truth to that? baka mayari ako sa electricity bill!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's not true.

Microwave ovens are normally 1,000W or more.

LCDs are somewhere between 30w - around 100w. Haven't checked the Bravia yet, siguro mga 120w lang yun since maliit lang (32").

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the 52" X-Bravia is 330w, malayo pa rin sa Microwave oven. hehe

the 70" XBR Bravia is 650w..still not equal.

Then again, if you have a budget for a 70" HDTV, you probably don't care that much about electricity bills. hehe

Malakas pa ang consumption ng mga LCDs at this time but wait when they shift to LED backlights. yun ang super tipid, currently, Sony VAIO TZ notebook can last 11hrs of continous use on a SINGLE charge.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Does your home have at least one flat screen TV (plasma, LCD) ??