New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In the US, Customs and Border Protection will turn on and check laptops even without your permission, not so much to check programs but to check for child ****. As far as fake clothes and such it depends on the brand, some manufacturers are very protective of their IPR i.e. LV, Gucci, Rolex. For those, if you are bringing in fake ones you may be asked if you would like to abandon the items or pay the taxes due based on the value of the originals. Example you have a $20 fake Rolex but the original of the same model cost $2000, you would pay the tax for the $2k value so most people abandon the items.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    to those who always bring their laptops abroad, do you have pirated softwares installed?
    Oo naman. Yun ngang older laptop ko puro pirated ang mga softwares.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hindi po nila chinecheck ung software sa laptop. Ung laftaf itself lang po ang chinecheck nila.
    Sa Northwest Airlines, they use a sofisticated machine where they swipe th surface and keyboard area of your laptop witha special lithmus paper and this paper goes into that machine and checks it for TNT or explosive residues....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so safe palang maginstall ng mga pirated softwares sa laptop.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    wala akong na experience na checking on softwares... i carried around 2 notebooks nun travel ko sa US they just asked me to turn on my computer tapos turn off ulet... i had a couple of CDs in the bag too they never asked what it was for... siguro pag may napansin lang silang file sharing software? im not sure

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba meron nai-report dati sa newspapers na nacoconfiscate ng US airports yung mga photocopied books/reviewers and CDs ng mga magte-take ng nursing yata or doctors' exam sa US? piracy daw kasi yun.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    It would also help if you carry laptop in a bag that doesnt scream "LAPTOP", meaning ditch those bags that came with your laptop purchase and try getting those backpack type or something.

When I went to Canada (Vancouver) three years ago, during the immigration interrogation they asked if I had laptop with me (I DIDNT bring one) bec. the bag looked like it was for a laptop.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    just this sept going to ireland via germany hindi naman ni check yung laptop... they didn't ask me to power up the laptop... nilabas lang sa bag yung laptop para idaan sa scanner and that's it.

nga pala meron din ako mga pirated software naka install sa laptop.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    ang ibang airport open lang din ang laptop ,di na check ang software

ang mahirap baka magkaroon sila ng biglaan OPLAN .pagcheck ng mga pirated software,dami cgurado mahuhuli

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hirap talaga mag transfer ng **** hehehhe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Do airports check laptop softwares?