New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do they randomly inspect the softwares installed inside laptops if they're genuine or pirated?

di ba some airports do not allow the entry of fake clothes?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Never did encounter these checks (Asia and US travels). Nearest thing was they asked me to boot-up the laptop.

Ewan ko sa Europe.

:starwars:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my experience, airports in SEA dont scrutinize as far as verifying if all the programs in your laptop are original. But during heightened security, you can be randomly asked to open and turn on your laptop to demonstrate its actually functioning.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on my way to sydney four months ago, they asked me to boot the laptop. hanggang dun lang.

they did not bother running the control panel to check the installed programs or check the c:\program files directory.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    never did experience such checking in my asian trip. Just came from Indonesia three weeks ago.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    MNL-JPN-MNL - didn't check.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ako din wala pang experience kahit sa U.S. pinapalabas lang yung laptop (lalagay sa tray) at bubuksan lang yung lid. Hindi na papa-on ang laptop.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unless you're a suspected pedophile (two Filipino seafarers were caught with ****o... ), I don't think they'll search.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to those who always bring their laptops abroad, do you have pirated softwares installed?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have been to a lot of places but they don't usually do that. In the ME (particularly inbound to Saudi Arabia), they sometimes do random checks on laptops. They are not after the softwres installed but would check kung may ****o. Ditto with external hard drives, they are really very strict on these. They would require you to leave the hard drive (check the contents/files), and will let you retrieve it after 3 days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Do airports check laptop softwares?