New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    well i was there when the guy reversed it.. you will need a new hinge to reverse the opening.. if I had those.. I could say that I could do the reverse myself.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i did the reversing of our whirlpool ref's door myself. madali lang naman, medyo mabigat lang yung door. nasa instruction manual naman ang mga steps.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reversed the fridge door over the weekend. All is well, except the fact that the screws holding the door handle to the side of the fridge don't go into the hole completely. Ngayon, both screws for the fridge and freezer are sticking out about 1 cm. I'll have to buy a cylindrical file later para lumusot ng todo yung screws.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Isn't there a ref that can be opened both ways? I really wanted to get one of those, after my old ref conked-out... Sayang wala ako makita.
    whirlpool...pwede mo palipat sa service crew nila yung hinge ng pinto...meron nang nakaabang...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pwede pala mareverse ang door ng ref. ok ah, try ko kayang ala lambo doors J/K heheheh

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinp
    How so?

The serial number is on the body, and the same door will be used. The hinges and door handles just have to be moved to the other side of the ref. All the parts are interchangeable kaya no new parts are needed.
    database nila... yun serial number nila tells everything, from the date of manufacturing to the side of the door...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    database nila... yun serial number nila tells everything, from the date of manufacturing to the side of the door...
    the fact na nakalagay sa instruction manual yung steps sa paglipat ng pinto means hindi ma-void yung warranty if you do so yourself.
    Signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DIY: Reversing refrigerator door hinges