New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ngek. I researched a little more on the practicality of having 4gigs of RAM on a 32-bit OS. (Am currently using 32-bit Vista sa house). Maximum addressable memory space pala niya is only 4gigs, tapos shared pa with other add-on cards with memory (vid/sound cards, etc), kaya sometimes 3.2gigs na lang ang available.

Hindi rin daw better alternative ang pag-upgrade to 64-bit OS, since medyo buggy pa ang 64-bit Vista, and the lack of drivers to support both hardware and software.

So I guess I'm better off buying a video card na lang muna.

*Macmon: Thanks for the tip. I already downloaded that utility.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Hindi rin daw better alternative ang pag-upgrade to 64-bit OS, since medyo buggy pa ang 64-bit Vista, and the lack of drivers to support both hardware and software.
    That's probably true if the year was 2007. I have Vista Ultimate x64 and never EVER had a problem with drivers, or bugs for that matter. And I'm into connecting a lot of stuff on my PC too (ie. digital camera, scanner, printer, Logitech wheel, iPod, Garmin eTrex (serial) and Nuvi (USB), smartphone and even a PCI cable-TV card. You'll be surprised how much driver support Vista x64 has now.

Heck, this is even more rock-solid than the WinXP SP3 I had before this.

Though, I admit that Vista is not the best OS in terms of efficiency. But since Windows 7 is promised to deliver what Vista didn't, I'm sticking to Vista x64 for now until Windows 7 becomes retail.
    Last edited by oj88; May 11th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Ngek. I researched a little more on the practicality of having 4gigs of RAM on a 32-bit OS. (Am currently using 32-bit Vista sa house). Maximum addressable memory space pala niya is only 4gigs, tapos shared pa with other add-on cards with memory (vid/sound cards, etc), kaya sometimes 3.2gigs na lang ang available.

So I guess I'm better off buying a video card na lang muna.

*Macmon: Thanks for the tip. I already downloaded that utility.
    same pala tayo bro.

two 2GB ram ddr2 667 = 4GB pero 3.2 lang lumabas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DDR2 Dual Channel Memory