New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Why can't MS make their Windows cheaper ba? How much does it cost to develop a new version of their OS? Does it cost as much as a big budget blockbuster movie from Hollywood, or more? An original DVD movie now costs just from P500 to P1,500, depending on packaging and extra features. But there are more people around the world who uses Windows than buying DVD movies.
    MS has to get back their investment (programmer time, marketing, destribution, advertisements, etc) plus all their overhead like the MS campus and "losses" due to piracy and the cost to push "licensed" software use.

Given you will only purchase their product once every 2 to 5 years, they have to make the most profit from it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i don't get why people buy vista. it's almost a worthless investment. i mean, you can go download better gui's that what they offer for free at minimum expense of performance. lmao
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    i don't get why people buy vista. it's almost a worthless investment. i mean, you can go download better gui's that what they offer for free at minimum expense of performance. lmao
    Its the "latest" version mentality.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why can't MS make their Windows cheaper ba? How much does it cost to develop a new version of their OS? Does it cost as much as a big budget blockbuster movie from Hollywood, or more? An original DVD movie now costs just from P500 to P1,500, depending on packaging and extra features. But there are more people around the world who uses Windows than buying DVD movies.
    para hindi bumaba sweldo ng mga IT people.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Its the "latest" version mentality.
    baka naman kasi just like sa case ko bumili ako ng computer kasama na ang vista and a 60dAY trial na ms office2007. since OEM vista na ang nakainstall bakit pa ako magpapalit ng pirated na XP, nag load na lang ako ng ms office2007 galing sa office mate ko, di naman ako mapili kung ano meron pwede na sa akin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    MS has to get back their investment (programmer time, marketing, destribution, advertisements, etc) plus all their overhead like the MS campus and "losses" due to piracy and the cost to push "licensed" software use.

Given you will only purchase their product once every 2 to 5 years, they have to make the most profit from it.
    Movies also have those costs, they also have to deal with piracy. And you'll only purchase a movie once only.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    that is how bill gate thinks.... napanood ko sa cable yun story ni bill gates at talagang tuso yun tao pagdating sa business....... hindi naman sila ang pioneer ng gui na pointer based. galing sa xerox company yun idea na yun

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Movies also have those costs, they also have to deal with piracy. And you'll only purchase a movie once only.
    But movies have multiple lives.

First is during it's screen release.
    Second is its video (DVD, blueray, etc) release.
    Third is through cable (like HBO).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor
    that is how bill gate thinks.... napanood ko sa cable yun story ni bill gates at talagang tuso yun tao pagdating sa business....... hindi naman sila ang pioneer ng gui na pointer based. galing sa xerox company yun idea na yun
    pre, di na focused si Bill Gates sa Microsoft; he already stepped down as its Chairman. sa special tech projects nalang sya active sa MS.

on topic:
    i say this is a correct move from MS. they shouldn't listen to these Chinese pirates.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    and to think i ditched my computer-related business to open up a copy center. i have a half-a-million worth of Fuji-Xerox machine in my new office right now. have paid 5 months of the 12 mo installment ... and i'm still not earning half of what i'm paying monthly.

shucks I miss Microsoft and Internet and software technologies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
China tells Microsoft to rethink 'black-out' anti-piracy tactics