New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    based sa pix ng mb niya at dalawa ang 512mb sdram niya, kasya pa ang dalawa. Look at the lower right portion. Those are the SDRAM slots.
    I will only be adding one 1gb stick to the extra slots. Will this be ok? Or should I put in 2 512mb sticks? Mahal na masyado kung 2 1gb sticks. Meron na bang 2gb rams?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    IIRC, if you use sticks of varying speeds, the low speed is the one that is utilized by all, so if you use 2 sticks of 333 and 2 sticks of 400, the 333 speed is the one used. but yes, they will run together, though not as well as if all used the same speed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi... pwede yan... I had that kind of MOBO before. AFAIR - naka boot na ako dati using 3 sticks of memory.

although mas ok na bumili ka ng 2 512MB RAM na same brand & speed nung existing mo para ma utilize mo yung dual channel capability.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    boybi... pwede yan... I had that kind of MOBO before. AFAIR - naka boot na ako dati using 3 sticks of memory.

although mas ok na bumili ka ng 2 512MB RAM na same brand & speed nung existing mo para ma utilize mo yung dual channel capability.
    So kung 1 stick na same speed dun sa existing ko, hindi sya mag dual channel?

And if different brand hindi rin sya mag dual channel?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope... hindi na dual channel... dapat either 2 or 4 ang memory stick na nakalagay para dual channel.

and dapat same brand para dual channel (according sa manual).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi din pala naka dual channel yung existing 2 sticks of 512mb ram ko so bumili na ako ng 1 1gb ram. Gumana naman.

5% lang ba talaga ang improvement ng dual channel sa single channel?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It should be able to take 3 sticks of ram except the default mode will be single channel. I also have a K8N (non-SLI). I have to find the manual, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Can the MSI K8N-SLI motherboard support 3 sticks of ram?