New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm not a technical person so please....

I recently bought an Xtreamer Sidewider 3 which has an HDMI out. My TV is only a CRT, but can run High Definition resolution (may be up to 720p).

While I was roaming around, I saw an hdmi to ypbpr cable for PS3. I was about to buy it thinking that I could use it for the above (my NMT and my CRT TV), but the sales personnel told me that the HDMI part of the cable works only for PS3 and not with NMT...

By the way, my CRT TV has a slot for red, green and blue cables, and I am currently using it to connect to my nmt which has a slot for red, green and blue cables.

I do not have a PS3....

My question is was the sales personnel correct that I could not use the hdmi to ypbpr cable for PS3 to my NMT and CRT TV? tia

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pwede yan sir. but why need hdmi to component video(ypbpr) cable if your tv only has component video input? ok na yung connection mo sir component video output from your nmt to component video input of your TV. walang difference yan sa picture quality kahit hdmi to component video cable gamitin ko. if you really want high def resolution(720p or 1080P) upgrade your crt to flat planel tv (led, lcd or plasma) para magamit mo yung HDMI output ng NMT mo.

sa cdr king mayroon din yata silang cable na ganyan.
    Last edited by valskie01; April 4th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    CRT TV is up to DVD quality videos only. Gamit ka na lang ng standard na composite cable kung may ganun na out yung player mo.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin diesel
    CRT TV is up to DVD quality videos only. Gamit ka na lang ng standard na composite cable kung may ganun na out yung player mo.

SONY CRT with 1080 lines resolution.

Can I use an hdmi to ypbpr cable for PS3 with my NMT and my CRT TV?