New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Routers are not plug-and-play gadgets. It has to be configured. But instructions come along with the box. As reviews had noted, Belkin has the most user-friendly instruction manual. You don't have to be a techie to be able to install it. And if you are using a laptop, you will not need a wireless N card for the laptop if you are using the Belkin N1 router. Works perfectly with the built-in G system of most laptops.
    Ah, thanks, this is all I needed to know. I'm aware that routers needed configuring, especially for encryption/security, but I was balking at the idea of having to purchase additional hardware apart from the router itself. It's therefore reassuring to know that that's not the case, especially as the laptop I'm using already comes with wireless connectivity.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    kung hindi umaabot ang signal sa 2nd floor tlaga, your last option is get a repeater, or para mejo madali, mag wired network ka na lang for the 2nd floor or the areas where the signal doesn't pass thru. Our linksys router offers a 4-port wired network option, so pwedeng magkasama ang wired at wireless network.
    makakabitan na rin ako ng new line anytime this week, so mas maganda ipa abang ko na ang line sa 2nd floor para sagap ang signal in most part of the house tama ba?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga Sir, Tanong ko lang po. Which one is better Linksys wireless router WRT-54GS or WRT-54GL for SmartBro? Advantages and dis-advantages? SmartBro po ang gamit namin yung bang 999 petot/month. TIA
    Last edited by Innova_G_2007; October 12th, 2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling error

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I can only speak from experience. I've been using the WRT54GS for close to 2 years now, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. haven't turned it off since i bought it. i use smart bro too. a total of 4 pcs are wired to it and two laptops are connected wirelessly. i haven't had any problems so far. the GL is Linux compatible, hence the L, that is the only discernible difference i believe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I can only speak from experience. I've been using the WRT54GS for close to 2 years now, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. haven't turned it off since i bought it. i use smart bro too. a total of 4 pcs are wired to it and two laptops are connected wirelessly. i haven't had any problems so far. the GL is Linux compatible, hence the L, that is the only discernible difference i believe.
    Thank you po * Sir Moe, magkano po ang bili mo ng WRT54GS at saan po?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    pcxpress atc, 3800, now it's around 3400 i guess. they have buffalo G routers too and they're ok as well. was about to buy a linksys wrt150n Wireless N router but it's still a bit expensive at 5800. another cool router i saw was the Belkin N router, but i only saw it at Octagon and it's going price is 10,000.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    another cool router i saw was the Belkin N router, but i only saw it at Octagon and it's going price is 10,000.
    Huh?! Ganun na kamahal ang Belkin N1 dito? I remember last year nung nagtanong ako sa Octagon, nasa 7,000+ lang ah at may discount pa. And since maganda ang review, nagpabili ako sa sister ko sa US na bumisita dito last February. Spent around $100 for it. Kaya ito na ang gamit ko.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    linksys pero gamit ko netgear, mura lng nakuha ko sa states, refurbished/returned items, $15 lang

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    As reviews had noted, Belkin has the most user-friendly instruction manual. You don't have to be a techie to be able to install it. And if you are using a laptop, you will not need a wireless N card for the laptop if you are using the Belkin N1 router. Works perfectly with the built-in G system of most laptops.
    I can vouch for Belkin's very informative help. I'm using a Belkin Wireless G router as an access point and hooked to a wired Linksys router (gateway).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wala akong problema sa configuration, ang problema ko, pag patay ang router, patay din ang signal to the wired PC. Meron kayang wireless router na may pass-through feature for the wired unit?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
buying a WIRELESS ROUTER