New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    barebone meaning it has the LCD, keyboard, shell & board... the other components CPU, ODD, HDD, Wi-Fi Card, memory I outsourced somewhere else... Ang ayos lang dito just in case one component conks out... you can easily replace it....

Try googling Asus S96J ang you will notice that it is not your regular Asus notebook... Kaya 13 months lang warranty ko instead of the global 2 year warranty.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah ic, verified by Intel pala tong unit na to. i searched it, eto bayon? http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2975 --- so meaning po, ikaw pa pumili ng ilang parts para i assemble? if halimbawa di barebone ung unit mo, and expired na warranty, pwde parin bang hanapan ng parts if ever masira yung unit?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yep that's it!

pag nasira yung unit mo na nde barebone, you can only get parts from your brand... pag barebone if something conks out as long as available pa ang interchangeable parts - KB, LCD, ODD, Battery, etc. etc. pwede ko bumili at a lower cost and more choices dahil standardized na yung parts... Pero syempre we don't want anything na masira sa mga laptops natin right? I got a 6-year old Toshiba 2675DVD dapat eto ganun din at more considering I boutght hi-end specs... Core 2 Duo T7200, X1600 Radeon, 1Gb Ram, 80Gb SATA... though malamang upgrade ako ng memory to 2Gb at HDD to 120/160Gb in the near term....

The best thing is the price... a cool 59,000 with a Free Targus Backpack and Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 160Gb...
    Last edited by mikmik316; December 25th, 2006 at 01:49 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah ic ... gnda pla ... anyway, going back to the topic, my cam driver is working perfectly fine for 5 days straight na. hay, minsan i say to myself, sana ma fix narin to on its own (hopefully)! hahahaha ... ayoko ko na kasing ipadala sa manufacturer, kasi di nman i replace ung unit, they'll only fix the minor prob. kasi the unit is working perfectly at all levels from hardware to software. Plus, it would take more than a week or more, so ala akong gagamitin dito. the desktop is in bad shape eh.

nevertheless, in tip top shape parin ang notebook ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS PLA sa mga ng babasa ng thread nato ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Nako red_lake now I believe Asus quality may be a myth....

Just discovered today that my laptop's speakers are not working... in my fury i demanded my supplier to give me a new barebone unit since mine is 2 weeks old... Anyway i got what i want and upon discussions with the technician, we are seeing a long-term motherboard problem surfacing on the defective barebone... I was using Windows Vista and apparently I get blue screens when going to sleep mode... This DOES NOT HAPPEN to the replacement barebone... Assuming same HDD, CPU, and MEMORY, it all boils down to the motherboard...

Mabuti na lang lumabas na agad yung sira kesa naman after warranty pa lumabas yun...

Kaya papalitan mo na yan! Problem is... holiday din ang mga suppliers... Jan. 2 na balik
    My Asus had a motherboard problem 2 months after I bought it. I cant boot-up the notebook at all, it just hangs even before the Windows screen comes up. I brought it back to the service center and they replaced the motherboard and the intel CPU chip. Good thing na lang that the parts were available, otherwise I have to wait up to 2 weeks for it to arrive. Good thing also that its still under warranty. :D So far so good, no problems since then (knock on wood hehehe)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    wow sir nitrox almost the same specs pala atin mas mataas System memory mo. Can you post your 3Dmark 03, 05 and 06 numbers for comparison lang po?

I guess there is no such thing as Asus quality eh? But better buy Asus than ECS or MSI... nyahahahaha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naku sir mikmik, sorry po, never ko pa na-benchmark ang Asus ko eh. Basta hindi sya nag-ha-hang, mabilis sa gaming at hindi choppy ang videos na pinapanood ko, ayos na ako. Laki rin kasi nung install file size ng 3Dmark e, kakatamad i-download (tsaka wala na kasi akong space sa HD ko :D)

Oks ang overall quality ng Asus, kahit nagka-problema yung motherboard ko dati. Pero me mga ibang notebook brands Asus din ang gamit na components. Sa Malaysia nakakita ako ng notebook brand na My10, Asus na Asus ang itsura (A-series ang casing, keyboard, lcd); not sure of the its other components, though. Parang Asus A-series na tinanggalan ng stickers. Sabi ng seller maganda daw ang quality but I wouldnt risk investing in one. Id still go for the branded ones. :D

Happy new year to all!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    mga sirs, yung MSI at ECS Taiwan brands din ba yun? is Fujistu really Japan made?

OT= speaking for 1.3 MP cameras, mukhang di nman 1.3 MP yung dating ng resolution ng cam ko ... looks grainy and dark. hehehehe ... 1.3 MP din ba sa inyo mga sirs?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    wow sir nitrox almost the same specs pala atin mas mataas System memory mo. Can you post your 3Dmark 03, 05 and 06 numbers for comparison lang po?

I guess there is no such thing as Asus quality eh? But better buy Asus than ECS or MSI... nyahahahaha
    I'll be in the market for a new laptop next year and ASUS is high on my list because it's the closest thing to a DIY laptop. I'm curious to see how far laptops have come within the last 3 years. If you have the time, can you post your res (I imagine 1024x768 default) and results? I want to compare them to mine. Well, I also want to see how much better a Mobility Radeon X1600 than an X800XL. I'm also planning to upgrade my video card next year.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As a DIY brand... nothing beats Asus... That's the reason why I chose this notebook because I am assured that I can assemble, disassemble this notebook like a white box PC..

My 3Dmark03 score is 7013 and my 3DMark05 score is 32xx... Well below the expected from the list below since the drivers I'm using are not the standard Catalyst drivers from ATI as they are tweaked by Asus....

Here is the link of the comparison of Mobile Video Graphic Cards....

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html
    Last edited by mikmik316; December 27th, 2006 at 10:55 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
built in web camera problems