New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala pang mga generic bluray players. Nagkakatay pa ng mga branded bluray players ang mga generic brand makers para pagaralan

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archi...er/010196.html

The picture was taken this way to illustrate what the clouds looks like during a dark scene.
    These are banding/clouding being reported for this "floating glass" model.

It looks like apektado din yung mga X200A/X250A units dito. I'm gonna have to check this out.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sony has addressed this on their website. They tell owners who are experiencing this problem to turn down a few settings lik backlighting, and a few others that I can't remember. I have this TV and I haven't experienced anything like what is pictured above.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Its hard to appreciate Blu-Ray kung standard CRT (480i) pa rin TV mo...by December 2007 hopefully nasa 15k na lang Blu-Ray, tapos yung mga LCD TV sana mga 40k na lang, para masaya ang pasko

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Its hard to appreciate Blu-Ray kung standard CRT (480i) pa rin TV mo...by December 2007 hopefully nasa 15k na lang Blu-Ray, tapos yung mga LCD TV sana mga 40k na lang, para masaya ang pasko
    LCD TV at 40k. Possible as long as hindi ito yung mga 1080p sets. Right now the cheapest is from Samsung (50k) pero 720p/1080i lang siya.

The cheapest 1080p sets that you'll see this easier are those slotted just under 200k.

As for Blu-ray, the cheapest Blu-ray player (the PS3) hasn't officially launched here so there is no idea as to how much it is. So far, the chepest Playstation3 console I've seen is at 30k (Datablitz Rockwell) for a 60GB model.

P.S.
    I just saw a BRAVIA X-series na unit kanin (SM appliance center Rockwell) and it's a KLV-40X200A model. Wala naman akong nakita clouding or any white spots (it was hooked using component and outputting at 1080i).

So siguro it only applies to select units or that these were latter builds and that the problems were fixed on these before-hand.
    Last edited by Blackraven; April 4th, 2007 at 11:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://www.sony.com.au/category.jsp?id=30607

Notice to owners of Sony BRAVIA X-series televisions

"The Sony BRAVIA line of flat-panel LCD televisions reflects our commitment to the highest picture quality standards. The BRAVIA X-series televisions have received exceptionally high ratings for picture performance from various sources.

To achieve this high level of performance and picture clarity, Sony utilises a very bright backlight setting. This helps deliver the brightest picture possible, as well as exceptional picture clarity even in the darkest image sources.

However, under certain dark viewing conditions, the setting may cause the screens on some of these televisions to exhibit slightly uneven uniformity, especially for blank screens with no video source. This condition is not usually visible under typical viewing conditions, such as watching movies or television programming, and generally should not affect your viewing experience.

Should you find that this condition affects your viewing enjoyment; there are a few settings that you can make to minimize this condition:

Setup Menu --> Light Sensor: ON
    Setup Menu --> Power Saving: Low or High
    Picture Menu --> Reduce the Backlight Level (Factory Setting: 10)
    A combination of the above changes may be applied as necessary.
    However, if the problem still persists, please contact the Sony Australia Customer Service"

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RMean View Post
    magkano kaya writer nito
    About $1000 for a BD-R these days.
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...ter-168002.php

The first BD-burners came in Sony's VAIO AR-series laptops (about July last year). 17" screens, sleek, all-black profile. Pretty cool alternative to the Macbook Pro if you're more into Windows than OSX.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebo...ay-Notebook/p1

LG is supposedly coming up with a hybrid BD writer/HD-DVD reader. Expect it to cost close to $2000.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Blu Ray vs. HD-DVD isn't VHS vs. Beta. It would be impossible to make a hybrid VHS+Beta machine, while it's relatively trivial to make a Blu Ray+HD-DVD one. Viva the hybrid devices!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Blu Ray vs. HD-DVD isn't VHS vs. Beta. It would be impossible to make a hybrid VHS+Beta machine, while it's relatively trivial to make a Blu Ray+HD-DVD one. Viva the hybrid devices!
    Actually....err.

Blu-ray will triumph over HD-DVD. Blu-ray has the 4:1 lead atm.

Wala namang magagawa ang HD-DVD.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Blu Ray Disc