New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    'ika nga ni bab sa pugad baboy, "kabakla-an ang puno't dulo ng problema mo, pao"

bwahahaha ! ! !

joke lang, walang personalan

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    update....

[SIZE=3]Move over, Mr. Ripley [/SIZE]
    By Bayani San Diego Jr.

MANILA, Philippines--This online telenovela is no longer a silent movie.
    On Monday, rising above the din unleashed by his blog was Australian businessman Brian Gorrell's voice- subdued, but also intermittently sardonic. Inquirer Entertainment talked to him by phone.
    It was like... Garbo spoke. For 24 minutes.
    But who is Gorrell?
    He told the Inquirer that he's a landscape designer, that he had owned a "successful flower shop in Sydney before putting up a flower farm with a previous boyfriend.
    "We were a couple for 20 years," Gorrell said. "He's still my best friend."
    Last year, he sold his shares to the farm to his former partner and made plans to relocate to Boracay.
    He also dabbles in photography, said Gorrell, who's now 38. "I've been carrying a camera around since I was 15."
    In a way, the call was a welcome, comforting confirmation that the blogger is a real person and not a figment of some publicist's wild imagination.
    Prior to the call, there was wild talk that his blog--which he said he had set up to retrieve the $70,000 his Filipino ex-boyfriend had supposedly filched from him--was but a "gimmick" to promote a certain bar where the Pinoy "high" society posse hangs out.
    "They can spin it any which way they like," Gorrell said. "I have proof [of the money transfers]. And I witnessed with my own eyes the drug use that I recount in my blog."
    On Monday, in fact, he posted a receipt from Western Union, saying he had nine other similar documents in his possession.
    That same day, he also re-opened the comments section, which he earlier closed. It had become just as caustic as Gorrell's posts.
    He pointed out, "I have no wish to control any social dialogue that may arise from my posts."
    The comments section, where ordinary folk have been critiquing society celebs, has made the blog a cyber sensation.
    According to Gorrell, a self-confessed "non-techie," his blog has received over half a million hits since its launch on March 4.
    Amid the frenzy, the Filipino ex-boyfriend called up the Inquirer on Thursday and declined to comment, adding that he would issue an official statement only if Gorrell filed a case "in the proper forum."
    Gorrell, however, asserted that he wasn't inclined to do so. Not at this point, anyway. "I approached three lawyers in Manila, all of whom cited conflict of interest--because they represent many of the people involved in this case," he said.
    Not an option
    "The thought of spending years within [the Philippine] court system is not even an option for me now. I can't lose any more time... my HIV is not going away."
    From the onset, Gorrell had disclosed his ailment to his blog's readers.
    "I was interviewed by [the Canadian newspaper] Toronto Star recently; we discussed how being HIV positive made me vulnerable [to the abuse]," he explained.
    Asked how the stress was affecting his health, Gorrell said in an earlier e-mail interview: "I'm a very strong man. I have been through a lot. However, my HIV worries me because things pop up all the time. I have no money [in case something happens]. That upsets me. I have a friend who helps with my daily needs. She brings me food and makes sure I'm eating. My nerves are gone until my money is recovered. I am scared."
    More rewarding
    Rather than attending court hearings, he said, he would rather focus on more rewarding activities, like "taking care of my dog Siesta (a champion Golden Retriever born on Boracay Island) and writing a book."
    Yes, a book.
    Like the blog, he said, the book will be named after his ex-lover- "The Talented Mr. ----------."
    Yup, like that Hollywood movie about an "unrepentant, social-climbing grifter portrayed by Matt Damon."
    After the book, can a movie be far behind? Imagine the scenery, the costumes, the plot twists and turns, maybe even a courtroom drama.
    And, for sure, the dueling interviews in "The Buzz" and "Showbiz Central."

Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 22:22:00 03/18/2008

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [SIZE=3]Broadcast vets discuss change, power of blogs [/SIZE]
    By Bayani San Diego Jr.

MANILA, Philippines—Beyond the gossip, the fuss and frenzy caused by Australian Brian Gorrell’s blogspot have started a debate on a crucial media concern: How blogs and other technological innovations are changing the landscape of communications.

In separate e-mail interviews, award-winning broadcast journalists— ABS-CBN’s Maria Ressa and GMA-7’s Howie Severino— discussed blogs and news making.

Change, challenge
    As the Kapamilya network’s senior vice president for News and Current Affairs, Ressa delivered a speech on the subject recently in Hong Kong. Severino, who co-hosts the Kapuso docu show “I-Witness,” runs his own blog.

“The Internet and blogging [have] democratized access to an audience,” said Ressa. In the past, she noted, the high cost of putting up a radio or TV station had limited “control of the airwaves” to those “who already had power, or those who could afford it.”

The World Wide Web is changing and challenging the status quo, Ressa explained: “[That] power is no longer in the hands of the traditional gatekeepers, mass media. It is now in the hands of the consumer. [But as] in any marketplace … caveat emptor… let the buyer beware.”
    Severino pointed out: “The main [advantage] of blogs is the speed with which they can reach a huge audience. There is little that one can do right now to prevent bloggers from slandering other people. At the same time, it empowers individuals to seek justice without leaving their bedrooms.”
    Vital concerns

Ressa commented that “blogs and citizen journalism (User-Generated Content or UGC) are raising vital questions: What is the line between professional and amateur journalism? Should there be legal sanctions for abusing the medium?”

The main issue, said Severino, is “whether blogging is as trustworthy as mainstream journalism as a source of information. I think not. But most blogs don’t pose as journalism anyway.”
    The Internet has led to an information boom, he noted.

Discernment
    “While the number of sources of information has exploded because of the Net, we have to be more discerning in deciding what is reliable information and what is not. [The Net] increases the number of possible sources of information, which also increases the likelihood of [getting the] wrong information.”

Ressa asserted: “Technology is most definitely changing the way journalists do their work. What needs to be done is to understand the trends and technology and put them to use for the purpose of professional journalism.”
    She recounted how blogs were used by Nokia to report on the Davos World Economic Forum. “That was unprecedented.”

Locally, she related, “ABS-CBN’s ‘Boto Mo, Ipatrol Mo’ utilized citizen journalism and mobile technology to prevent cheating during the May elections.”

“Globally,” Ressa said, “journalists are figuring out how to harness the technology, to give viewers/readers the information they want.”
    Severino acknowledged that “the rights to privacy and freedom of expression and copyright infringement” are “important considerations” in the realm of blogs, but “the rules and concepts of acceptable and best practice are evolving as I e-mail this.”

Take part
    Ressa concurred: “Right now, there are no rules, unless you live in China. Even so, it’s nearly impossible to control access to information.”
    As she said in her Hong Kong speech: “The ground is shifting beneath our feet, and we need to take part in the global debate about the relationship between old and new media, or we will lose our relevance.”
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 21:16:00 03/19/2008

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Did you see this youtube vid?

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=LMXeVhxHNFQ"]YouTube - Case No. 1026 - The Director's Cut[/ame]

Seems to have appeared on that blog.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Did you see this youtube vid?

YouTube - Case No. 1026 - The Director's Cut

Seems to have appeared on that blog.

nice vid...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
BLOG: delfindjmontano