New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    The ASUS Transformer would have been great but wifey just gave a Samsung Note 7 last year.

Anyway, browsed Villman and they have new models which made choosing a bit difficult. But I already narrowed down my choices to the X450 series and the K450 series.

I just have not yet compared each one thoroughly to make a priority list. My guess it will just boil down to availability in the stores.

BTW, any preference between Intel and AMD. It has been years since the last time I compared processors.

And would a separate RAM for the video matter?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    The ASUS Transformer would have been great but wifey just gave a Samsung Note 7 last year.

Anyway, browsed Villman and they have new models which made choosing a bit difficult. But I already narrowed down my choices to the X450 series and the K450 series.

I just have not yet compared each one thoroughly to make a priority list. My guess it will just boil down to availability in the stores.

BTW, any preference between Intel and AMD. It has been years since the last time I compared processors.

And would a separate RAM for the video matter?

I prefer INTEL CPU.

Higher RAM for video means you can display more detail on your screen, especially if you connect your laptop to a bigger display.

If you play games, a faster GPU with more ram is still needed.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I prefer INTEL CPU.

Higher RAM for video means you can display more detail on your screen, especially if you connect your laptop to a bigger display.

If you play games, a faster GPU with more ram is still needed.
    ok. I guess I won't be needing that. I am not very picky when it comes to video quality.

In fact, the live streams I usually watch (mostly boxing matches and other sports events not shown locally) do not even match TV quality.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Let me chip on this one as a ASUS X451CA owner.

I actually like the laptop a lot for the value it poses. We deployed ~5 Asus X451CA laptops on Intel Celerons to key personnel sometime Q2 2013 and have yet to really hear any complaints on them except for the Windows 8 unfamiliarity (we're still majority on Windows 7).

First impressions is that.. it's thicker than I expected. My previous laptop was an ASUS UL50-VT and I classify myself prioritizing portability, slimness, and build quality. It's not that thick compared to.. let's say.. general purpose 2003 laptops tho. Since this is an all-plastic at this price point, it's handily light. You can lift the whole laptop using one arm without much trouble.

Personal complaint is that everything is soldered in the model we bought. This means the 2GB RAM, the hard drive, and everything else were soldered on the motherboard. This poses some questions on part replacement if something breaks down but I'm banking on Asus' reliability on this one.

Another plus was the design. If memory serves right, I kinda loved the top panel's matte finish. Reminds me of touching Google's Nexus 7's backside at times.. except that it's larger.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 12th, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123