New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Read through the entire thread ulit and I'll be correcting a post being the jackass I am

Quote Originally Posted by Densker View Post
    Kung low budget, 2.1 pwede na. Pero syempre mas maganda pa rin 5.1 speakers, medyo mas mahal nga lang ng konti. Kelangan mo rin bumili ng dedicated PCI/PCIE sound card, cos kahit gaano ka top of the line ang speakers mo pero naka built in motherboard sound ka lang, panget pa rin output. dont buy the usb soundcards by the way.

A good branded 2.1 or 5.1 speaker (altec lansing, creative, edifier, logitech) starts from 3-5k (yung high end is aeound 10k), while a good pcie soundcard (asus or creative) costs around 1.5k-2k.

BEST : 5.1 or 7.1 plus soundcard
    Good enough= 2.1 altec, creative or edifier, built in motherboard sound is ok.
    1. "Mas-maganda" is relative but you don't need a 5.1 system in most cases. What it gives you is added headroom because there's more drivers = more decibels at a given volume.

2. Uhh.. no. Modern motherboard built-in sound cards are actually pretty enough for most people. This isn't like the 1990s where audio card driver technology was still budding (back then you had to purchase a separate audio card to get sound).

3. Depends on which USB sound cards. In fact, USB sound cards are technically better is because they're isolated from your noisy computer electrical systems. When one believes that your typical ASUS/Creative PCIE is always superior to something like the Php12,500 Audioquest Dragonfly USB (USB Digital-Audio Converter).. then somebody has a LONG way to go :naughty2:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Dum dum dum! Sorry took a long time to reply. Di ko napansin yun tab ko sa thread (naaubutan ko pa page 2 ).

When it comes to "computer" speakers, Logitech Edifier and Altec Lansing gets my nod. However, my recent favorite would probably be HiVi or for 6,600php their D1080MKII gets my vote (TipidPC.com | spk: Swans HiVi (D1080MKII) 2.0). If you're not worried about the lack of bass and is very particular on the midrange and tweeters, take a peek at M-Audio's Studiophile AV30 at JB Music outlets (M-AUDIO - Studiophile AV 30 - Compact Monitor Speakers for Professional-Quality Media Creation).

As Altec... well, in terms of brand heritage, I don't think many people are even aware that the L in JBL stands for Lansing *wink* and no, they aren't owned by Plantronics nowadays but rather by Infinity Group (holding company yan). They've been actually aggressively lately sa new product developments nila.. I'm on a wait-and-see attitude whether they can bring back the old 1960s glory of Altec.

Those Edifier R2700 Studio 7 studio monitors might look attractive, but the 6.5" midbass driver will be TOO capable. If you're going to mount that on an ordinary desk, you'll be hearing your table resonate with the bass lines. This is why I recommend 2.1 systems instead for computer systems as you can mount the subwoofers down below where their rubber feet makes them less... well... less "vibrate-ey"

But if you were to like the Edifiers, get the younger sibling at 4k (Edifier Studio Series: R2000T active 2.0 speakers Philippines - 15286936). A two-way system is more than enough for most people.
    Thank you for the correction. Binitawan na pala ng Plantronics last 2009 pa. Back in 2005-06, I'm one of those who were eagerly waiting for the HMX7051 which was never released. I hope they still consider producing this particular model. Plantronics probably shelved it because it's supposed to cost north of $500 (which is okay given what one will get but higher compared to the massively successful $399 Logitech flagship z5500).

I was hoping na bibilhin ito ng JBL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345