New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Altec Lansing ko 9yrs na and Oks na Oks padin,
    Same same! Using them now as speakers for my lcd monitor turned tv/video display.

Posted using TocinoTalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Altec Lansing ko 9yrs na and Oks na Oks padin,

matibay talaga altec lansing.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Parang hindi na maganda un mga bagong Altec ngaun. Buhay pa rin un saken, 2002 ata yun.

Edifier un gamit ko sa desktop ngaun, medyo mahina lang un volume kumpara dun sa Altec. Gamit ko nalang un Altec sa kwarto, saksakan ng mp3 player =)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The low-end Altecs probably aren't that durable pero I can attest to the durability of the high-end, flagship models. My Altec 621 still rocks the neighborhood with its clean tight sound.

Anyway, sana naman di sirain ang current Altecs (they were taken over by Plantronics na)

I'm eyeing the MX6021 or its update (MX7021). Even at <10k, it still very much worth it kasi ang tagal mo ito gagamitin.

Labtec (I had the pulse 424 for a start) was bought by Logitech before they flooded the market with low-priced, good quality speakers. ( I had the z680 and two z5500). Those two can literally shake your neighbor's roof - i know because I've tried it so many times at midnight (with sats off, of course).

The pulse 424 was a great 2.1 speaker system because it used a sealed sub radiator. Tight, loud, strong bass. Problematic lang connector nun kasi nga sobrang lakas natatangal. They should have secured it with screws.

Now, with two children, I've long sold my super loud sound systems. I can't use it anyway (and deplete its monetary value). I just retained my trusty 621 to play classical music round the clock.

BTT

if you can find a second hand Altec 621, 641, CS21, MX5021, Creative Gigaworks S750, Logitech z2300, get it. You will not regret it, believe you me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

kaya wala na pala labtec binili na ng logitech.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    how about bookshelf type?

Edifier R2700 Studio 7 active 2.0 speakers

6.5 inch woofer
    4 inch medrange
    0.75 inch tweeter

i had one of this series before, it weighs 10 kilo, yung old model, i would say iba sya sa mga 2.1 speakers na naririnig ko na puro bass. defined bass and nice highs and nice midrange. perfect for bossa and jazz music and heavy metal. di tulad ng 2.1 na maganda lang sa hiphop and bassy music because of its heavy bass.

yun lang medyo pricey, P6.4k sa tipidpc

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

pang laki! ang karaoke na yan sir.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ganda nga ng mga speakers ng edifier, pero tulad ng isang comment dito regarding desktop speakers nila inaudition ko yung 2.1 mahina, kulang sa tulak.
    mura yang mga edifier na yan ni bratpaq, ang maganda pa niyan parang active na rin ata. di pako nakapag audition ng ganyan

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The low-end Altecs probably aren't that durable pero I can attest to the durability of the high-end, flagship models. My Altec 621 still rocks the neighborhood with its clean tight sound.

Anyway, sana naman di sirain ang current Altecs (they were taken over by Plantronics na)

I'm eyeing the MX6021 or its update (MX7021). Even at <10k, it still very much worth it kasi ang tagal mo ito gagamitin.

Labtec (I had the pulse 424 for a start) was bought by Logitech before they flooded the market with low-priced, good quality speakers. ( I had the z680 and two z5500). Those two can literally shake your neighbor's roof - i know because I've tried it so many times at midnight (with sats off, of course).

The pulse 424 was a great 2.1 speaker system because it used a sealed sub radiator. Tight, loud, strong bass. Problematic lang connector nun kasi nga sobrang lakas natatangal. They should have secured it with screws.

Now, with two children, I've long sold my super loud sound systems. I can't use it anyway (and deplete its monetary value). I just retained my trusty 621 to play classical music round the clock.

BTT

if you can find a second hand Altec 621, 641, CS21, MX5021, Creative Gigaworks S750, Logitech z2300, get it. You will not regret it, believe you me.
    try ko nga yan. medyo habol ko yung tweets para sa crash ng cymbals, sana maganda tunog. medyo secondary lang yung subs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Dum dum dum! Sorry took a long time to reply. Di ko napansin yun tab ko sa thread (naaubutan ko pa page 2 ).

When it comes to "computer" speakers, Logitech Edifier and Altec Lansing gets my nod. However, my recent favorite would probably be HiVi or for 6,600php their D1080MKII gets my vote (TipidPC.com | spk: Swans HiVi (D1080MKII) 2.0). If you're not worried about the lack of bass and is very particular on the midrange and tweeters, take a peek at M-Audio's Studiophile AV30 at JB Music outlets (M-AUDIO - Studiophile AV 30 - Compact Monitor Speakers for Professional-Quality Media Creation).

As Altec... well, in terms of brand heritage, I don't think many people are even aware that the L in JBL stands for Lansing *wink* and no, they aren't owned by Plantronics nowadays but rather by Infinity Group (holding company yan). They've been actually aggressively lately sa new product developments nila.. I'm on a wait-and-see attitude whether they can bring back the old 1960s glory of Altec.

Those Edifier R2700 Studio 7 studio monitors might look attractive, but the 6.5" midbass driver will be TOO capable. If you're going to mount that on an ordinary desk, you'll be hearing your table resonate with the bass lines. This is why I recommend 2.1 systems instead for computer systems as you can mount the subwoofers down below where their rubber feet makes them less... well... less "vibrate-ey"

But if you were to like the Edifiers, get the younger sibling at 4k (http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ds/id/15286936). A two-way system is more than enough for most people.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 1st, 2013 at 04:51 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast