New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    im also planning to buy one...question ko lang is.
    ang mga pamangkin ko madalas gamitin yung pc ko sa mga pc games nila. as we all know, it needs a very good video card/adapter for the massive graphics of the pc games.
    possible din ba yan sa mga pc games?

It might but the video GPU would be built-in on the motherboard to fit the form factor so don't expect very good GPUs unless you are willing to pay an arm and leg for an extreme gamer level motherboard with built-in gpu.

It is possible to fit an entry to advance level GPU into a ATX micro PC casing and bracket that behind a large monitor. It won't look cutting edge but it would be "clean" since most of the wires would be to the rear of the monitor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    The Qube Nano Atom and Nano Fusion are worth considering. But they look like those cash registers used by Wilcon

I would prefer a better form factor.

How about going WIRELESS? You can locate the PC CPU under the desk and hidden from view... or even in a nearby cabinet. Then using a wireless mouse and keyboard, you can have control. Sound can be wired around the room. Using a wireless monitor adapter, you can transmit video signals from the CPU to the monitor. So in the end, the only cable left will be the power cable to the monitor.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How about going WIRELESS? You can locate the PC CPU under the desk and hidden from view... or even in a nearby cabinet. Then using a wireless mouse and keyboard, you can have control. Sound can be wired around the room. Using a wireless monitor adapter, you can transmit video signals from the CPU to the monitor. So in the end, the only cable left will be the power cable to the monitor.
    I'll give this a thought. How reliable are the wireless monitor adapters?

I'm currently using Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. If I place the USB transmitter/receiver at the back of the PC (my PC is under the table), the keyboard is sometimes not responsive. I have to use a USB extension cord so the transmitter will be on top of the table.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    im also planning to buy one...question ko lang is.
    ang mga pamangkin ko madalas gamitin yung pc ko sa mga pc games nila. as we all know, it needs a very good video card/adapter for the massive graphics of the pc games.
    possible din ba yan sa mga pc games?
    don't think so.
    pc games rely on the processor, RAM and video card.

had assembled something two months ago to upgrade our 6 year old unit.

CPU = AMD A800 Processor (costs around 5k)
    Mobo = Asus (costs around 4k)
    RAM = 8 GB
    Video Card = Asus Nvidia 2GB
    Sound Card = Creative Sound Blaster (costs around 1,500)
    Gaming Keyboard = A4Tech (costs around 900 pesos)
    Gaming Mouse = A4Tech (costs around 500 pesos)
    PSU = 600 w, costs around 900 pesos

Did not upgrade the harddisk (2 x 500 GB)
    Also did not upgrade the casing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll give this a thought. How reliable are the wireless monitor adapters?
    I have seen them around but I have not used them myself. So I cannot give you an opinion on them. And they differ in screen solution quality. So something you might find okay at work may not be adequate for home theater use.

I'm currently using Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. If I place the USB transmitter/receiver at the back of the PC (my PC is under the table), the keyboard is sometimes not responsive. I have to use a USB extension cord so the transmitter will be on top of the table.

It is all the matter of placing the USB receiver in a location that it can detect the signals better. It might be the front or rear of the case that might give the best reception... or use an extension USB cable to located the USB receiver in a better place. I do this for our office PCs using WIFI to connect to our network. I use USB wifi dongles with USB extension cords so I can re-locate the receivers at a better location for a more stronger faster signal from the central WiFi router.

In your case, you might just need to place the receiver under the desk so it would be out of sight yet close enough to receive strong signals. BTW, I assume your wireless keyboard is using RF and not IR?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 17th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got the HP Envy 23, and just realized that it doesn't support dual monitors since it doesn't have a video out. Searched the net and found out there's a USB adaptor for a second monitor. I hope it's available here.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got the HP Envy 23, and just realized that it doesn't support dual monitors since it doesn't have a video out. Searched the net and found out there's a USB adaptor for a second monitor. I hope it's available here.
    CDRKING meron yun. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    CDRKING meron yun. hehehe
    hahaha, will try to look for it
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir boybi...saan mo nabili?
    i7 na ba cpu nya?
    2 days ago. i inquired at HP festival mall i5 lang all in one nila..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dito sa suking computer store sa probinsya namin. i5 nga lang daw available dito sa Phils.
    Signature

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best All In One PC available in the Philippines