New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    so far, ok naman samin ang skype. been using it to communicate with my sisters in ireland.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think it's because if you want to avail of its free features, you'll need to have a computer to contact you directly and wifi access that you can tap into. If it's free, that's better because Skype is free when calling from computer to computer. So if you use it for long distance calls (to landline or cell phones) when it will cost you.

It's not as popular there because people do not always have access to wifi signals so they can't always communicate online.

Now, whenever I bring my laptop around I bring my compact single earpiece headset, webcam and portable mouse with me. I just stay anywhere around school grounds and I'm online. If it's too cold outside, I just head towards any computer lab or the library and hook up once again. The cafeteria is also online, sometimes we stay there until the wee hours to finish term papers and projects - the library closes at 10:30pm but the cafeteria is open until 2am.

I enjoy Skype primarily because it's free and it's crystal clear, my wife in Manila has Smart Bro and she has no problems. My dad's office also has Smart Bro, and they don't have problems either. The video feature is very smooth, but at times it gets choppy but I'm not complaining since it's free anyway. There is also a chat function so it's very similar to Yahoo Messenger, but I find YM's webcam feature to be slow and cumbersome compared to Skype's.
    Last edited by mbeige; November 19th, 2007 at 07:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sikat nga yung skype sa mga european dahil yata sa pc-phone calls. mas cheaper daw sabi nung mga kasamahan ko na mga italians. yun ang gamit namin dito sa office. but i normally use either ym or msn to talk/chat with my family everyday.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any skype users on mac? di ko mapagana yung video calls eh. kaya skype for voice, then ym for video ginagawa ko...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    miko..i havent tried video calls sa mac.though my sis and i use her mac for voicecalls to landlines and cellphones here in canada (we subscribed).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    same here, di ko pa na-try video calls on Mac.

i use Skype for conference calls sa job - ok naman quality. nagiging pangit lang ang "reception" pag mababa ang bandwidth ng isang party.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Skype video calls on a Mac work just fine, Mac-to-PC, Mac-to-Mac, or whatever.

I use the paid SkypeOut service to save on long distance calls to overseas landlines and cell phones. Skype's rates to most developed countries is very cheap - calls to US and Hong Kong landlines/cell phones cost about US$0.02 per minute, which is actually not much more expensive than a local cell phone call.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Bakit di sikat ang Skype?