New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    nag-eenjoy ka talaga sa asus eeepc mo? liit ng screen ah

when I had the Ibook G4 12" for like 12 months, on the last month I had migraine that's why I sold it

kaya nga yun isang thread ko dito about compaq 12" parang nag-2-isip pa din ako kasi nga liit

i'm now eyeing the 14" inch widescreen compaq. kasi yun ang tama sa eyes

the 15" 17" laptops are too big na for mobility

For someone who self-professed to be in the middle of a big money problem a year ago, you seem to have lots of cash to spend, daddy-in-law bailed you out?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    nag-eenjoy ka talaga sa asus eeepc mo? liit ng screen ah

when I had the Ibook G4 12" for like 12 months, on the last month I had migraine that's why I sold it

kaya nga yun isang thread ko dito about compaq 12" parang nag-2-isip pa din ako kasi nga liit

i'm now eyeing the 14" inch widescreen compaq. kasi yun ang tama sa eyes

the 15" 17" laptops are too big na for mobility
    The desktop screen of the eeePC should be easy to read because the screen res is small. The iBook G4's screen res is harder to read because first, it's probably using the same res as my 15.4" Toshiba which is 1280 x 800*. On my Toshiba, it's just right. On the iBook 12" you're definitely going to strain your eyes at that res. Second, the video compositing engine of OSX makes text a bit blurry. I see the same with Vista which is why I think I'll stick with XP on this laptop.

As for weight...... Heavy is relative. My lappy is 6.5 lbs. Add the power brick/cord and a 2.5" USB2 hard drive which makes the weight 8 lbs. Add that to the 3.4 lbs weight of my Targus 17" XL backpack and that makes 11.4 lbs. Gee, the water I carry with me when picking up trash (by the highways in +100 deg F temperatures) weighs more than that. But.... people have different tolerances and conditioning. I had no problem lugging my lappy during all of my trips.

But, I can't argue about the price and portability of the eePC (or that MSI clone) which is why I want one.

*Actually, our old iBook 800 has a screen res of 1024x768. Should be the same for the G4 iBook.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 26th, 2008 at 08:41 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For someone who self-professed to be in the middle of a big money problem a year ago, you seem to have lots of cash to spend, daddy-in-law bailed you out?
    it's always big money problem for me 24/7

basta pay yourself first

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Asus eee PC vs Asus eee PC