New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Have you tried this?!? Bet it won't work. The restore will restore the files but never the ios update. This is a feature (i believe) made by apple to prevent jb. As in newer ios were made to prevent jb, thus you can not downgrade once you upgrade your ios.

Some say it is possible kung marunong kang mag jb ng unit but it since hindi ios accredited yung process, it is also a big risk in bricking your unit.
    This only applies to official releases. Since IOS 7 is still in beta, you can downgrade to the latest version of IOS6.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    Yes...put your iPhone in recovery mode and do a regular restore. I've done this twice on my
    iPhone 5 because my uDID was not registered yet and ios7 would not activate.
    I haven't tried ios7 kasi hindi pa rin siya available as of today...only 6.1.3 ....my unit is on 6.1.2

I'll try that kung doable nga and update this thread asap.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beta pala ng ios7 eh...no wonder downgrade will work

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I haven't tried ios7 kasi hindi pa rin siya available as of today...only 6.1.3 ....my unit is on 6.1.2

I'll try that kung doable nga and update this thread asap.
    You need an apple developer account to install IOS 7 beta. Or have a developer friend register your UDID.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    So does that mean kung hindi ka apple developer kaya mong magdowngrade?!?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Save you SHSH blobs first before upgrading to ios 7.

Done it a couple of times na. Kelangan lang talaga isave yan, kapag di mo nasave di mo madadowngrade.
    Ios7 beta ba yan o official release?

What is SHSH blobs?

Iask ko lang sir Beni23, hindi ba automatic na itunes or unit mismo ang ang naga-upgrade when you do an update? As such, how come my unit could not be downgraded - from 6.1.2 to 5.0.1 even if I have the files from the previous backup?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ios7 beta ba yan o official release?

What is SHSH blobs?

Iask ko lang sir Beni23, hindi ba automatic na itunes or unit mismo ang ang naga-upgrade when you do an update? As such, how come my unit could not be downgraded - from 6.1.2 to 5.0.1 even if I have the files from the previous backup?
    Sinesave ko sa "umbrella" yung akin. You do not restore your iphone from itunes, restore it sa third party "redsnow". Ayaw talaga ng itunes magparestore kasi as you mentioned earlier pineprevent nila ang jb.

To downgrade: you need to have the following
    1. Latest update of redsnow
    2. Saved shsh blobs (dapat nakasave na ito bago ka nagupgrade ng ios)
    3. IPSW

Pakicorrect na lang po kung mali. Hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I think that was a procedure that I tried and failed (i have been trying to downgrade 6.1.2) but I did not have the needed file or may mali dun sa file kasi my unit kept hanging sa isang part nung process. So i have to do a system restore and abandon the process for fear of bricking the unit.

Bottomline, downgrading is possible (but with lots of conditions) but not through legit itunes way (as mentioned by the honorable roninblade)?

Now, can I ask the opinion of roninblade, since he is more authoritative on this matter, to enlighten us on how to do the downgrade via itunes?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My 13yo son just upgraded his iPod Touch 5 to iOS7.

Inggit ako!

I asked him to do it to my iP5, he'll need to download another file for the iphone.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Arrghhh!!!!! bakit sa iphone 5 wala pa ang ios7

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2013