New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    On Ipod? I don't think so, though I seldomly purchase copyrighted songs on the Internet. I think Zune has this irritating feature.
    iPod DOES have a DRM scheme. It's called FairPlay.

It doesn't really matter unless you download off online music stores. Just stick to buying CDs.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    iPod DOES have a DRM scheme. It's called FairPlay.

It doesn't really matter unless you download off online music stores. Just stick to buying CDs.
    Ahh.. I get it. Thanks for the info.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Downloaded lang ba lahat yung sayo ser Jun?
    You mean from P2P? A few like some of the Starblazer episodes. I just can't find them anywhere else. The rest of the Starblazers episodes I found at You Tube. Someone in another thread here outlined how to save You Tube videos to flv format. It was just a matter of converting flv files to mp4. That's how I ended up with the whole 1st season of Starblazers and about halfway through each of the last 2 seasons.

The Voltes V saga I found at a site which streamed all 40 episodes via WMP. It's just a matter of saving each one as a wmv and then coverted to Apple iPod mp4.

The rest and the big majority are either my dvd's or recorded from our satellite box to my pc. They've been saved as high-res X-Vid (Divx) avi files earlier. It was just a matter of converting them to lower res Apple iPod video files.

Add: I'll end up ordering the Starblazers/Space Cruiser Yamato DVD collection which includes all 3 seasons plus movies connected with the series. Pretty expensive though, around $250. My wife went nuts when I told her about it: "$250 for a bunch of cartoons? Are you crazy?". Well...... we'll see about that one.

Mind you, I haven't bought my iPod yet. But, I've been cleared by the wife to do so. I'm just taking my time to convert the video files first.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 5th, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    You mean from P2P? A few like some of the Starblazer episodes. I just can't find them anywhere else. The rest of the Starblazers episodes I found at You Tube. Someone in another thread here outlined how to save You Tube videos to flv format. It was just a matter of converting flv files to mp4. That's how I ended up with the whole 1st season of Starblazers and about halfway through each of the last 2 seasons.

The Voltes V saga I found at a site which streamed all 40 episodes via WMP. It's just a matter of saving each one as a wmv and then coverted to Apple iPod mp4.

The rest are either my dvd's or recorded from our satellite box to my pc. They've been saved as high-res X-Vid (Divx) avi files earlier. It was just a matter of converting them to lower res Apple iPod video files.
    Yeah, from ******* I mean. What software are you using in converting flv to mp4? Zzz, Guess I have to google that thread your pointing.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yeah, from ******* I mean. What software are you using in converting flv to mp4? Zzz, Guess I have to google that thread your pointing.
    Free YouTube to iPod Conveter - converts flv to mp4.

Here's that thread. It's on page 2 of this section:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34689

You can figure out the rest.....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Free YouTube to iPod Conveter - converts flv to mp4.

Here's that thread. It's on page 2 of this section:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34689

You can figure out the rest.....
    Haha! I got it ser Jun, Im downloading the converter right now. Im getting crazy with the technology man, everything is almost possible now. :bwahaha: I know now how to get the FLV files from YouTube, either hard or easy way. Haha! thanks for the info though. Kudos!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Zune has this irritating "squirt" feature, where they can squirt the songs to the next zune, the downside is the song self destruct after 3 uses or 3 days, whichever comes first

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Although I don't care much for DRM-ed content, I do acknowledge that Apple's implementation (Fairplay) is the most acceptable. Depending on the content they offer, I can still be swayed to use it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello Guys,

Im considering the Zune than an Ipod 30GB. Everywhere you look there's an Ipod and I heard bad after sales service from Apple. Ipods doesnt last very long either.

I dont see anything bad about the Zune, the Ipod's screen is small which is not really good for videos. The Zune's wifi is pointless btw, but I am hoping someone could hack the 3x3 rule of music sharing. Ipods are prone to scratches which really irritates me, especially I go out and do things that may really lead to scratching an Ipod. Ive seen an Ipod with a silicon case, beneath that silicon case are scratches that looks aweful to the eye (believe me it looks ugly). Chinese are drooling to copy/fake Ipods. The Zune is drag and drop which is better. I dont need to install iTunes because I already have an Activesync from my PDA. Another thing is, im also considering the PSP but only 4G :sad:. Ilang oras ba playing, watching & listening time ng PSP? Can it browse tsikot.com?
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    FYI..

meron nabibile na audio/video cable that you can plug-in your ipod video sa tv or kahit sa lcd monitor sa car para di kayo mahirapan manood sa liit ng screen..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Apple Ipod vs Microsoft Zune